hunting on the decline.

cape buffalo

now days it's the economy and hunting is a recreational hobby and when push comes to shove people will put family needs first.

copeland7

not only is money more scarce and kids in the woods more scarce, there are so many more things to distract young kids now. Why would they want to go sit in a tree for hours hunting if they can do that on their Wii and never have to break a sweat, kids are lazy and they do not understand and its partially my generation and the older generations fault for not putting more responsibility on kids and making them do more and get out more. When I was little you better not be inside if its sunny out, you better be outside doing something. More and more kids find fun in the tv and video games, I have seen it time and time again!

Condor

Hunt clubs quitting

I looked at Plum Creek and St Regis this weekend and they had over 200 pieces of property combined that were available. Multiply that by all the companies that lease land to hunt clubs and there may be 800-1000 leases available this summer. I have been in 4 different hunt clubs in the last 15 years and all 4 of them basically gave up their leases this year. My thinking as to the reasons:

1. Economy

2. Declining # of hunters due to low recruitment of young hunters.

3. Declining resource- In many areas the deer herd is getting very thin on the ground. Who wants to pay $1000 and maybe see 2-3 deer all season?

4. Ever increasing lease prices.

If there is a bright side to this, it may cause overall lease prices to decline as there will be more competition by land owners to get hunting clubs on their properties.

Dehunt

gon

Another thing to look at is the GON publication each month..It use to be 200+ pages to look at,now its half that..Yeah it has a good looking cover,but not as much on the inside...........I guess theres not as much to write about these days that is positive....Or they just got alot better at writing and stopped all the run on sentences,etc....I dont know all thats going on but i know alot of die hard hunters that just have got burned out with the political side of it...They just dont do as much and thats me included...I spent more of my spare time living for Jesus and church activities now...........I pray everyday because theres alot i dont understand ?????????? Thanks and God Bless