**Need advice** What's the best facing the tree climbing stand?

Grand Slam

I have a little loose cash to spend and have been wanting/needing a nice climbing stand. I don't bow hunt so that's why I want a facing the tree climber. I've heard people mention the gunslinger, the summit 180, and also the tomcat II. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,

GS

lpwilson7

I have a gunslinger and a summit. For long hunts or leaving it in the woods the gunslinger is, in my opinion the best you can get. For carrying in and out of the woods and being a little more stealthy, I would go with the Summit. It is lighter and Quieter and still very comfortable.

dgilles

The Gunslinger, most comfortable stand there is. Had mine stole a couple of years ago and still miss it. Will have another one soon.

Core Lokt

Anyone have a sumitt 180 SS? Been looking at them online but know nothing about them. I prefer facing the tree when gun hunting.

Stroker

Brent Hunt Whitetail stands. It is not a stand you want to back pack in and out but for comfort and saftey it can't be beat. Information is available from the Tree Lounge web site or select dealers in Ga.

germag

Gone But Not Forgotten
Anyone have a sumitt 180 SS? Been looking at them online but know nothing about them. I prefer facing the tree when gun hunting.

Yep. I have one. It's a great stand, quiet and comfortable. The problem I had when I first got it was that the back of the seat (when facing the tree) is held up by a little elastic strap that loops over the back frame member and snaps. That thing will occasionally unsnap and let the back of the seat drop a little and will scare the bejeezus out of you. If fixed mine with a couple of small zipties.

deerslayer357

I have a Tomcat 2. I love mine, and my dad has one that he has been hunting from for better than 20 years.

Tomcat II's are heavier than alot of climbing stands, but they are sturdy. Great stand if you are planning on leaving it in the woods most of the time. If you want to carry it in and out every trip then you probably want something else.

wtruax

My vote gunslinger (i've never slept so good), and if u live around or know someone who lives around jacksonville u can save some $$ in u walk in with cash (i've heard) and he will also give a discount with a bunch of people from your camp buy.

Highintheshoulder

Gunslinger nuff said.

I have 3 gunslingers. My other stands haven't been out of the storage building since I got the first GS. I can sit/sleep for 4 hours+ without ever having to stand up. I used to sit for an hour, stand for 5 minutes, sit for 45 minutes, stand for 5 minutes, sit for 30 minutes, stand for 5 minutes, sit for 15 minutes, climb down. Maybe that's being a little facetious, but you get the idea.