Trumpet

J. L. Erb

I hear you Ron, all I meant was that Rick knows Ivory, but he honestly could not tell what it was, so he just plain did not say one way or the other. I would bet beef bone myself as I stated earlier, still used a lot today in place of ivory for small scrim work. There are a few acrylics that are hard to tell the difference as well, with both in hand, real ivory and acrylic false ivory.
Glad to see the history of that call brought even more to light in this thread.

strutnrut

Who got you interested in the Trumpet ?

It would be Mr. Kenny Morgan. I did a seminar on building wingbone calls at a Community College down in Mississippi back in 2002. I trailed Mr. Morgan's seminar. We got to talk for quite sometime. Bought my first one from Spur Hill at Nashville NWTF Convention. Built my first in 03 I think. Took my first ones to Nashville in 04.

Bet you didn't see that coming did you ? :banginghe

Killdee

Mr. Kenny Morgan will surely be missed by most everybody but the wild turkey, he was a master at it.

M Sharpe

It would be Mr. Kenny Morgan. I did a seminar on building wingbone calls at a Community College down in Mississippi back in 2002. I trailed Mr. Morgan's seminar. We got to talk for quite sometime. Bought my first one from Spur Hill at Nashville NWTF Convention. Built my first in 03 I think. Took my first ones to Nashville in 04.

Bet you didn't see that coming did you ? :banginghe

Glad you brought that info up Richard. I couldn't remember when I bought mine from you.

BTW, that other snakewood and teak box sounds just as good as the first one. Two totally different boxes but both are full of turkey. The turkeys at home sure liked it this past weekend when I played it. Man, you ain't every heard so much cutting and kee-keeing coming from those woods behind the house.
Thanks bud!!

Turkeydoghunter

I thought it was when Mr. Cox took you hunting and called up a turkey with his Trumpet an killed it ? anyways Kenny was a great ole timer that is greatly missed especially for his Tube calls....

strutnrut

Well seeing how y'all know more about me than I do. Please tell me. But you may want to ask if you can talk to me. By the way after i told him where to go. He used a box call an finished with a trumpet he called in a jake that ran off after the shot and Buster had to catch the wounded Jake.

J. L. Erb

Gaswamp

Brad,
I will always make a few trumpets. If you ever want another, I'll build it.

Mike

you started building again yet?