Moonshine Laws

robertyb

Not only is it illegal in Georgia to make liquor it is illegal to possess the equipment to make it.
:bounce:

Revenue Agent, Retired.

12gamag

Not only is it illegal in Georgia to make liquor it is illegal to possess the equipment to make it.
:bounce:

Revenue Agent, Retired.

its only illegal because they cant tax it....the feds got to figgure out how to stick their nose into everything.

GAX

§ 3-1-1 All Homemade Alcohol, made for personal consumption, must be first tested by gaxtreme.

You can make a certain amount for your own use( i dont know what the limit is though). or atleast thats what they told my great uncle(68 yo Kelly Standridge) wen he got caught bootlegging it about two years ago on ga resovoir land.:rofl::rofl::rofl::bounce::bounce:

SmokyMtnSmoke

Smoke.............might wanna kill off that top link to the ATF regs?

I just clicked on it and got some message that I was trying to access a restricted area of the ATF site? :hair:

Looks as if the original link addy/path must have changed since this was posted?

DONE!
Here's the direct link to the law...
http://www.atf.treas.gov/alcohol/info/faq/genalcohol.htm#g1

" Spirits
You cannot produce spirits for beverage purposes without paying taxes and without prior approval of paperwork to operate a distilled spirits plant. [See 26 U.S.C. 5601 & 5602 for some of the criminal penalties.] There are numerous requirements that must be met that make it impractical to produce spirits for personal or beverage use. Some of these requirements are paying special tax, filing an extensive application, filing a bond, providing adequate equipment to measure spirits, providing suitable tanks and pipelines, providing a separate building (other than a dwelling) and maintaining detailed records, and filing reports. All of these requirements are listed in 27 CFR Part 19.

Spirits may be produced for nonbeverage purposes for fuel use only without payment of tax, but you also must file an application, receive ATF's approval, and follow requirements, such as construction, use, records and reports. "

I guess they'll come a looking for us now that we've been logged. :banana:

It must of changed since I posted that .

What got ya digging up this ole thread? ::ke: :rofl:

Ain't everyone got a water purifier from the Y2K days ? :huh: :rofl:

Last edited:

bull0ne

Banned
DONE!
Here's the direct link to the law...
http://www.atf.treas.gov/alcohol/info/faq/genalcohol.htm#g1

" Spirits
You cannot produce spirits for beverage purposes without paying taxes and without prior approval of paperwork to operate a distilled spirits plant. [See 26 U.S.C. 5601 & 5602 for some of the criminal penalties.] There are numerous requirements that must be met that make it impractical to produce spirits for personal or beverage use. Some of these requirements are paying special tax, filing an extensive application, filing a bond, providing adequate equipment to measure spirits, providing suitable tanks and pipelines, providing a separate building (other than a dwelling) and maintaining detailed records, and filing reports. All of these requirements are listed in 27 CFR Part 19.

Spirits may be produced for nonbeverage purposes for fuel use only without payment of tax, but you also must file an application, receive ATF's approval, and follow requirements, such as construction, use, records and reports. "

I guess they'll come a looking for us now that we've been logged. :banana:

It must of changed since I posted that .

What got ya digging up this ole thread? ::ke: :rofl:

Ain't everyone got a water purifier from the Y2K days ? :huh: :rofl:

Just digging up bones. :bounce:

I saw this debated here many times...............hope this clears up the misinformation.

Well I still like my uncle's watermelon and muscadine wine....and moonshine....screw the books on that one....sorry