The Ghosts of November ***pictures finally***

tween_the_banks

It was late when I finished posting this last night and I didn't get to add a few details regarding this deer.
For one, had I waited until 6:15 to go in to the woods I would have never killed him. Glad I followed my gut.
I've never had any of my deer scored but I did have my buddy run the tape over this one. My goal has always been to kill a deer that scores over 120 in my home county. The rough gross came in at 137 and some change. That number may seem high, heck, it seems high to me, but then again this was my first time getting one measured. The main beam on one side kicks out and lays back making the deer measure almost 20 inches wide. He has 4 kickers that are hard to see in the pictures and his bases are crowded with junk. There are 4 different tines that are bladed as well.
We tried to take pictures that justify this deer but the way the rack is, it was very difficult.
Anyways, to those who read the story, thanks for taking the time and for the kind words. I will try to post some more pictures in a few minutes.

tween_the_banks

Two more photos.

Attachments

• IMG_20151114_145434_zpsc8fpkyvz.jpg
    IMG_20151114_145434_zpsc8fpkyvz.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 4,068
  • FB_IMG_1447268768209_zps25ach0oo.jpg
    FB_IMG_1447268768209_zps25ach0oo.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 4,051

DSGB

Excellent work, brother! You were able to put into words the feelings and emotions that every hunter experiences. From the joy of being in the woods, the heart-tugging decision to stay home or go hunting, to the frenzy of getting in the tree and, finally, the highs and lows of even a successful hunt. Reading your story brought all of it out, like I was there. Thank you for sharing and please share more when you can!

DSGB

That is a very unique buck and a true trophy. Do you have any idea how old he was?

AJLBucks

Awesome read, awesome effort, awesome deer, AWESOME GOD! We as hunters are fortunate to experience the beauty of this earth like no other will ever understand. Thanks for sharing and congrats!

JSnake

Useless Billy Bouncer
I thoroughly enjoyed that. Thank you!

Cletus T.

Great….Great read tween the banks…….that was an awesome way to tell a hunting story.

Awesome Buck too…….I’ve never seen one quite like that….he looks extremely mature too! Congrats on the harvest!

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Congratulations on a very nice deer neighbor

oppthepop

I must say this is one of the single best works of writing how we all feel, how we all can listen to the woods, learn from the deer and and nature, and be a part of what our primal instincts guide us to every autumn. Excellent, excellent writing young man. And the awesome deer you took is the culmination of your talents. Hats off.

Swampslayr

Watched him Tuesday Nov. 9 at the railroad tracks trying to rape a doe... Biggest buck I've ever seen in person around here in daylight! Congrats man that's a stud! Once in a lifetime buck for north GA.

Last edited:

tween_the_banks

I appreciate all the kind words everyone. I enjoy writing about hunting nearly as much as I enjoy hunting.
But I sincerely appreciate the feedback on the writeup. It means a lot.

alphachief

I'm sorry...were you saying something? I just skipped down to the pictures! Nice buck...congrats!

joey1919

I'm sorry...were you saying something? I just skipped down to the pictures! Nice buck...congrats!

I was actually a little disappointed when the picture came. not because the deer wasn't impressive, I was just a little sad the story was over.

Brian Groce

Good Job Zach!

SakoL61R

Great story and great deer. As I read it, I was there. The sights, sounds, and feelings all came to life mixed with the memories of past hunts and similar experiences.
Thanks for sharing and please continue writing here!

Awesone buck and You're a great writer!!!!! You had me on the edge of my seat! I would definitely want a copy if you ever wrote a book!