Meriwether Co

I'll bet you 10 to 1 yall will kill one today.Stay positive.

bubbafowler

Guys spent last week at the land in Strickland Town. Dad killed good 8 chasing Sunday, I had them chasing around me just after dark Sunday. Wednesday guy shot and lost a good buck chasing after passing on a small 8 chasing. Thursday guy shot a doe being chased by a spike. Thursday afternoon guy killed a tree trying to take a big buck chasing a doe. No scrapes being worked but cameras show bucks walking past and checking and some chasing as well. Seems to on but probably wrapping up in out area. Time to move to our property in Northwest Coweta. They typically happen back to back. Historically our big bucks have been killed 7-12 of November so it hit us just as planned for vacation.

AustinW26

You and I both hunterk. Hunted Saturday morning, didn't see anything but heard about 20 shots all around me. Lol that's how it goes I guess. Very frustrated this season so far.

HunterK

You and I both hunterk. Hunted Saturday morning, didn't see anything but heard about 20 shots all around me. Lol that's how it goes I guess. Very frustrated this season so far.

Yeah, this is odd, I think somebody drove around and sprayed "deer B gone" everywhere. :rofl::huh:

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Still chasing in the alvaton area, my cousin shot this 11/19 am. He was chasing.

Attachments

• IMG954249.jpg
    IMG954249.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 722

HunterK

walked one of our property lines where I knew the club next to us had a food plot earlier in the year and much to my surprise the entire plot was still green and looks like it hasn't been touched, its knee high! we've not had a season like this in 30 years, I haven't even seen a doe since mid September! :banginghe

livetohunt

walked one of our property lines where I knew the club next to us had a food plot earlier in the year and much to my surprise the entire plot was still green and looks like it hasn't been touched, its knee high! we've not had a season like this in 30 years, I haven't even seen a doe since mid September! :banginghe

How many acres do you have, and how many members are in the club?

AustinW26

Well just to close this out for me, these past 2 seasons have been a bust on our property. Time to move on. Would love to find another place in Meriwether but in the meantime I have some spots around Paulding that I will stick to.

Whitefeather

Management Material
I grew up hunting in Meriwether Co, but left about 7 or 8 years ago to hunt other counties because of the pressure. I came back to hunt 3 years ago and forgot how difficult it can be. They are definitely a lot more difficult to hunt than they were all the other places I hunted.
There seems to be a pattern developing where I hunt of does in October, small bucks in November, and then nothing for the entire month of December.
Oh well maybe next year......