Cookin some goodies

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Fired up the Akorn for some friends of my wife. While I was at it another friend of her's found out and Now I gots to do four more. The two fatties are going to the original friend and four more will do on when my daughter gets home with the fixins. The two turkey breast and diller eggs are mine.

Attachments

• DSC02025.JPG
    DSC02025.JPG
    353.8 KB · Views: 623
  • DSC02027.JPG
    DSC02027.JPG
    369.3 KB · Views: 643
  • DSC02028.JPG
    DSC02028.JPG
    189.5 KB · Views: 631

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
That looks really good Pay, especially after I just looked at the "opossum 101" thread again. Lol

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
That looks really good Pay, especially after I just looked at the "opossum 101" thread again. Lol
LOL! Gotta set me a trap for a possum. I still intend to smoke one.

tsharp

Pay that's picture prefect. I made homemade cream potato and 7 steaks cooked in brown gravy. Grandson ate 2 bowls.

Attachments

• 2014-12-17 15.27.06.jpg
    2014-12-17 15.27.06.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 640

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Pay that's picture prefect. I made homemade cream potato and 7 steaks cooked in brown gravy. Grandson ate 2 bowls.
Bet I could eat two of them too!!!!!!!! :fine:

My Plate tonite.

Attachments

• DSC02030.JPG
    DSC02030.JPG
    220.4 KB · Views: 573

ryork

Butternut Squash

Soup!!!

My Mom gave me a bunch of these back in late Sept or early Oct from her garden. For any preppers out there, stock up on these things, they never go bad........

Decided to make some soup of the last two that I have. Peeled and seeded them, and then roasted the chunks in the oven after coating in some oil. Sweated out some onion, carrot, celery and garlic, and then added the roasted squash. Added some chicken stock, a little heavy cream, salt, pepper and a little cumin, and let simmer for about half an hour. Let it cool, and then hit it with the boat motor.

Made some chipotle cream to swirl in it by mixing sour cream, minced chipotle and adobo, and a little honey.

Might be the best soup I've ever had.

Attachments

• 12-17 (5).jpg
    12-17 (5).jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 573
  • 12-17 (4).jpg
    12-17 (4).jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 560
  • 12-17 (3).jpg
    12-17 (3).jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 570
  • 12-17 (2).jpg
    12-17 (2).jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 559
  • 12-17 (1).jpg
    12-17 (1).jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 569
  • 12-17 (6).jpg
    12-17 (6).jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 548

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Man Yeah! Looks mighty good ryork!!!!! :clap:

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Four more fatties are done.

Attachments

• DSC02037.JPG
    DSC02037.JPG
    286 KB · Views: 546

TrueBlueEagle

Pay,
is there a write up on here about the 'diller eggs? I get that it's eggs and sausage, but not real sure of the technique.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Pay,
is there a write up on here about the 'diller eggs? I get that it's eggs and sausage, but not real sure of the technique.

No real eggs are involved. Diller eggs a split and cored jalapeno pepper with two colors of block cheese inserted and encased in a 1/2 pound of breakfast sausage. Then cooked on a smoker.

010-2_zpsdb70987f.jpg

020_zpsd3e21152.jpg

alaustin1865

Should not have read this thread before going to lunch. Everything looks fantastic and now I have to settle for a turkey sandwich. :cheers:

TrueBlueEagle

No real eggs are involved. Diller eggs a split and cored jalapeno pepper with two colors of block cheese inserted and encased in a 1/2 pound of breakfast sausage. Then cooked on a smoker.

Oh dang. I must have been confused. Isn't there a dish with a poached egg wrapped in sausage as well? I had that at The Branded Butcher in Athens and thought I had read about it here before.

cjones

Alright fellers... Ya'll all need to pitch in and buy my company a new keyboard, 'cause I've drooled all over this one so much, I'm sure it's shot...

That all looks awesome! I think I'll throw a couple diller eggs on with the ham for Christmas Eve. What temp works good for them, and appx how long does it take for them to get done? I might need to time it so they are the appetizer for the ham. ;)

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Oh dang. I must have been confused. Isn't there a dish with a poached egg wrapped in sausage as well? I had that at The Branded Butcher in Athens and thought I had read about it here before.

Those are Scotch eggs. They can be fried or smoked.

Alright fellers... Ya'll all need to pitch in and buy my company a new keyboard, 'cause I've drooled all over this one so much, I'm sure it's shot...

That all looks awesome! I think I'll throw a couple diller eggs on with the ham for Christmas Eve. What temp works good for them, and appx how long does it take for them to get done? I might need to time it so they are the appetizer for the ham. ;)

It takes about an hour for them to get to 165* internal. That is what I cook them to.

Thanks Y'all.