**** (UPDATE) **** Jay Gregory (update with Tammi & Wyatt) -- Kansas buck w/ pics

Kevin Farr

This was sent to me in an e-mail. I thought I would share for anyone interested. :):) In case anyone doesn't know who he is, Jay Gregory has the TV show on The Outdoor Channel called The Wild Outdoors.

Here is what was in the e-mail:

"Typical 10 We have Cuddeback photos of this deer in velvet, half out of velvet, and hard horned. He was definately one we were looking to see this fall!"

177 3/8"

I forgot to add another e-mail of pics of Jay & Tammi's son Wyatt with what they said was his first buck with a bow.

Also, just received another e-mail with Tammi's bow buck. This family has got it going on. Great, hardworking hunters with some good ground to hunt.

Attachments

• Jay Gregory.JPG
    Jay Gregory.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 2,597
  • wyattstraight.JPG
    wyattstraight.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 2,630
  • bestwyattdsr08.JPG
    bestwyattdsr08.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 2,540
  • TammiDSR2008.JPG
    TammiDSR2008.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 1,905
Last edited:

Hunter Haven

I'd say closer to 167", but he's a good buck...

I could be wrong on score...???

scsportsman

he killed them on the diamond spring ranch

that is a absolute monster

Steven Farr

Great Bucks. That buck has long tines and great mass. If he says it is 177 and change, I believe it.lol

7mm mag 06

i cant beleive that kid!!! haha thats awsome!

Arrow3

Awesome bucks!

short stop

Jays stature for killing magnificant bucks is un denied .
Living in the midwest dont hurt either ;)

1 day I will be there as well , less than 9 yrs to go for me !!!!! Im counting them down .

The Arrow Guru

rekon how tall the fence was?

Just poking a little fun.......but really how big was the encloser?
Mighta teamed up with ol' Jimmy Houston on that one maybe?
But seriously, that's a nice deer, wonder if the tag in its ear left a hole.
I'm sorry bout that, Lord please forgive me and be with them starving pigmes down in new Guinne.
Wish I could kill a deer like that with my bow.

Retired Army Guy

It’s an awesome deer but those guys are hand fed opportunities we only dream of. In reality it’s not even fair they be compared to us. I refuse to worship any of those guys; if we were given the same opportunities you’d be seeing us on TV. It’s getting to be like NASCAR. Even Derek Cope could win the championship if you put him in Jimmy Johnson's cars. It’s all about $$$$ and sponsorship.

short stop

hate to diasagree with you R A G .
These guys pay their dues , sure they get to hunt some qualty spots but they also hunts their tales off .

Many of the Big namers you see on Tv have hunted and killed massive deer on public land in the mid west .

Retired Army Guy

I disagree back. Have a friend he saved his entire life to hunt one of the best spots in KS. A famous television hunter we all know showed up. He has his picture with him! They took him (the famous hunter) to a spot no one was allowed to hunt within 2 square miles of! The buck they had hand saved for him didn’t field score over 170" so he left angry said they wasted his time!!! Yea they might hunt their tails off but they're given opportunities at deer we'll most likely never get.

BowanaLee

Great bucks !
My hero is Jay & Tammi's son Wyatt. Hes da man ..er boy !:cool:

Dixiesimpleman32

GONetwork Member
i like jays show couple great bucks there.

Kevin Farr

Just poking a little fun.......but really how big was the encloser?
Mighta teamed up with ol' Jimmy Houston on that one maybe?
But seriously, that's a nice deer, wonder if the tag in its ear left a hole.
I'm sorry bout that, Lord please forgive me and be with them starving pigmes down in new Guinne.
Wish I could kill a deer like that with my bow.

I'm pretty sure that Jay and his don't hunt high fences. They do hunt some great ground, but so do a lot of other people in the Midwest. From what I know about Jay, (which is not everything), he and Tammy own some farms of their own as well as hunting some other ground, but again, I'm pretty confident that none of it is in high fence.

Maybe one day, you and I both can kill one like that with our bow. I'm still trying and dreaming. :):)

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
I'm pretty sure that Jay and his don't hunt high fences. They do hunt some great ground, but so do a lot of other people in the Midwest. From what I know about Jay, (which is not everything), he and Tammy own some farms of their own as well as hunting some other ground, but again, I'm pretty confident that none of it is in high fence.

Maybe one day, you and I both can kill one like that with our bow. I'm still trying and dreaming. :):)

dont worry about it, the questions always come up when a fine buck falls...unless of course its done on public land wearing a leopard thong carrying a sharp stick

Kevin Farr

It’s an awesome deer but those guys are hand fed opportunities we only dream of. In reality it’s not even fair they be compared to us. I refuse to worship any of those guys; if we were given the same opportunities you’d be seeing us on TV. It’s getting to be like NASCAR. Even Derek Cope could win the championship if you put him in Jimmy Johnson's cars. It’s all about $$$$ and sponsorship.

No doubt, some people do get those special opportunities that others don't. Some are celebrities and some are just very wealthy. However, I don't think it is fair to compare every celebrity or wealthy person to those that are "hand fed" those bucks. Just because a few get those "special priveleges", doesn't mean that they all do.

A lot of Jay and his family's hunting is done on their own land and some is on other ground. I can't speak for certain about their other ground, but I'm pretty sure that Jay and them hunt hard all season as well as doing their off-season work to try and kill the big bucks that we all desire on their personal farms. Just as Lee and Tiffany have their own land that they hunt and kill some monster bucks on.

That being said, you are correct that if we had the same opportunities, we could possibly kill some of those kinds of deer. If we could own and hunt the ground that they do and lived there so we could hunt all season, we could probably stand a good chance of getting it done ourself.

I know that I have been on deer hunts with groups. One deer trip, I killed a low 160 gross buck after I had passed a few others as big as 140. Pure luck, but I had done it. The next year, the weather was hot and the deer were locked down, but I got lucky again and killed a 12 pt with 5 stickers that grossed in the high 150's the first afternoon. By the next day at lunch, I was already feeling the jealousy/resentment from some of the others in camp and was even accused of having the best spot to hunt, while they were taking the leftovers. This was most definitely not the case, although I'm sure it happens on occasion. I guess sometimes one man's luck, success, good fortune is another man's jealousy. Go figure.

Kevin Farr

dont worry about it, the questions always come up when a fine buck falls...unless of course its done on public land wearing a leopard thong carrying a sharp stick

:rofl::rofl::rofl: That's funny right there. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yeah, I know. By the way, I killed one of those hunting like you mentioned except my thong was made from skunk. Do I still qualify?????? :bounce::bounce:

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
I know that I have been on deer hunts with groups. One deer trip, I killed a low 160 gross buck after I had passed a few others as big as 140. Pure luck, but I had done it. The next year, the weather was hot and the deer were locked down, but I got lucky again and killed a 12 pt with 5 stickers that grossed in the high 150's the first afternoon. By the next day at lunch, I was already feeling the jealousy/resentment from some of the others in camp and was even accused of having the best spot to hunt, while they were taking the leftovers. This was most definitely not the case, although I'm sure it happens on occasion. I guess sometimes one man's luck, success, good fortune is another man's jealousy. Go figure.

same exact thing was happening a couple of weeks back when we were in IL at our outfitter. me and bubba were seeing bunches of deer and a good number of bucks. bubba missed one that would have probably grossed in the 60's...I killed my lil one:D and then the rumbling started. a couple of fellas there on their first hunt mentioned to his guide that we were probably getting "put on them" since we had been there so many times etc etc etc.

it never ends.

I can tell you that unless your in a pen there is NEVER a guarantee that you will even see a buck, much less kill one and then to do it with a bow????

folks these are free ranging whitetails that come and go as they please. they are easier to pattern in the midwest because of the lack of timber, but not that easy...not even close to being easy.

ask bubbabuck about the MORE THAN 90 hours on stand that week...