No deer season

Permitchaser

I have hunted since bow season started. Saw one doe the first sit but no shot available
Hunted a self planted and fertilized plot, in the woods, near a bedding area. Didn't see a dear even though I could see a long way and another food plot was in view
So I moved to a funnel with a clover plot on one side and a straw field on the other. If a dear came through I had a shot in this long strip of woods
I hunt in a climber, shower in no scent soap, where smoked camp
I got desperate last week and took my gun to some property 2 hours away where they can put corn out. This place has lots of deer and big bucks. I hunted with the moon under foot. nothing
I have 2 days left
I may go to my friends house where he has pet deer that come out every night and he let's some get shot to thin them out
Arrg!!!!

BowanaLee

Sounds like a run of bad luck. That happened to me last year. It was kinda like musical chairs. Picking the right stand on the right day and time is tough. If your friends so called pet deer are city deer, good luck with that.
Nothing easy with pet city deer. Thats what I hunt. They keep me frustrated. Your probably better off where your at and changing tactics ? If you can see a long way, thats probably the wrong spot. :huh:
You run a feeder in a thick area with out hunting pressure and you'll see deer. :hair: I can't do that.

Permitchaser

Sounds like a run of bad luck. That happened to me last year. It was kinda like musical chairs. Picking the right stand on the right day and time is tough. If your friends so called pet deer are city deer, good luck with that.
Nothing easy with pet city deer. Thats what I hunt. They keep me frustrated. Your probably better off where your at and changing tactics ? If you can see a long way, thats probably the wrong spot. :huh:
You run a feeder in a thick area with out hunting pressure and you'll see deer. :hair: I can't do that.

Thanks man I just had to vent
Going in the morning in to the wooded area very thick on both sides of me but straightforward I can see the big food plot through the trees
I would have felt better if I just saw deer like I see in my neighborhood even if they weren't in range

ryanh487

Had my 2nd no -deer season in 22 years of hunting myself. Let several walk early on, saw nothing after thanksgiving until this evening when I rushed a 220 yard shot on a small doe/ button and missed. It sucks, but there's always next year.

Permitchaser

Went this morning while driving in the dark I saw the moon rise so I thought they should be moving
Got to my little in the woods food plot that was mowed down since the last time I was there. Climbed my tree on top of the hill. Thick privit on both sides of me with small privit coming up. 19 degrees. I stay till about 10 and only saw squirrels
Can't wait till next year

cam88

I had some tough luck in GA this year as well, I was able to harvest a 8 pt in Indiana this year.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
My club saw deer throughout the season. Even though there were some slack times, it was usually during a full moon period. We did good considering it was a dry season. We always do better when our swamps are flooded. Hoping for a wet next season.

Attachments

• baugust.jpg
    baugust.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 258

hoythunter1861

Did better the later I went in and the later I sat.