Need new bow advice

TarponStalker

It’s time for a change. I’ve been bowhunting since 1974. Started with recurves. Been through the ranks of compounds with the bells and whistles. 6 years ago went back to traditional archery. It brought back my love for archery.
However, due to shoulder issues I haven’t bow hunted for two years. I’m gonna try to go back to compounds again since new technology will let me shoot at approx 50-55 lbs faster speeds than my old bows at 73 lbs.
My question is. Which bow ? I’ve looked at many online. Each pro shop has their own brands but it’s tough to get to shoot or even handle more than a couple. As of now I’m think of Bow Tech. Matthews or Obsession. It’s gonna be different getting used to hunting with bows that are much shorter than my old compounds of 42-44 inches.
Can those of you experienced in new bows give me some recommendations?
Thank you in advance.

alligood729

All 3 brands you mentioned make some great models. I'd like to add PSE to your possible choices. The new Evolve cam system would be a great option considering your shoulder issues. The Evolve offers two different letoff modules for that particular cam system. 65%-75% or, 80%-90%. The Evolve 31 is 31" axle to axle, draw is smooth, bow is very quiet and pretty shock free in the hand on the shot. IBO is 346fps. Now, for your shoulder issue, that bow set at 90% letoff is a dream to hold back. You can relax at full draw and not worry about the bow wanting to take off if you creep a little. As someone with similar shoulder issues, I can attest to how nice that is. Depending on where you live, I can direct you to a dealer that can let you try one out. Good luck in your search.

Kris87

I too would look at a PSE with the Evolve Cam. Best bow I've shot and I get to shoot all of them.

TarponStalker

Thanks guys. I’ll add PSE to my list. The only reason I didn’t is that I never liked their grips. They seem square or rectangular which bothered my hand while shooting. Maybe that’s changed. I know they’ve been a reputable company for many years. I’ll take a look

yelper43

Keep a check on Archery Talk. I have seen some good deals lately just have your PayPal account ready to go.