Scary

Yivin

This is funny I forgotten all about these posts...got reading thru it again and some of this stuff is just so funny...

dutchman

With opening day of firearms season looming, it is appropriate that we remember one of the classics.

Read up, gang.

And let's be careful out there...

ArticSnake

coming out of the woods one night. I was hunting by myself. As I walked in the leaves, I couldn't help but hear a whispering behind me. It went hisssssss at first, I thought it was my imagination, or maybe a snake. Then I heard it again. This time it went ppppfffffffffffttttttttttttttttttt . I decided to change my stride, the next time I lifted my leg, I stopped suddenly with my leg raised in the air. pppppppppppplllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooppppppppp

You guessed it, the beans I had ate the night before. The whole experience made me have to change my drawers when I got back to camp.

I had encountered the "break-windego". An experience I would not soon forget.

Be afraid. It has been described as "silent, but deadly".

MBD :banana:

CensoredCensoredCensoredCensored :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
First time poster, long time lurker here. I came across this thread and thought I would share a story I've heard many times growing up in the Georgia deer woods. I'm actually quite surprised that there seems to be a lot of these stories that are coming from Hancock county...not saying I believe one way or the other but just find these stories interesting, especially the ones from Hancock because that is where my story took place. Back in the early 70's my dad and all his half brothers hunted something like a 3000 acre tract behind the deveroux store. The story goes that they were long bow hunting, or at least Archie white was. (Possibly could've been some beer drinking and night road hunting too knowing this family lol) anyway, it has been said that Archie headed out for the evening hunt with long bow and quiver and a couple of cans of beer. My dad has been addiment every time the story was told that while he was drinking- he was not drunk! Sitting on the ground backed up to a tree, he had dozed off and when he awoke, there was this creature standing directly over him, ugly, hairy, mean looking, and awful smelling. On the other end of this story, from the brothers perspective, just at dark from their camp on a powerline, they hear screams and see Archie running for them- no bow in hand, just holding what was left of the quiver and a couple arrows. They say that to say he was shook up was an understatement and more like he was freaked out to the point that he was (for lack of a better word) crazy out of his mind! He was screaming about what had happened, all the while throwing his gear in the trunk of his car (they hunted out of cars back then) he told all his brothers that he was leaving and they were crazy if they stayed and that he would never hunt again....and he never did! Uncle Archie passed away some years later and on his death bed, had my dad come to him so he could talk to him about the incident many years before. He said he took a lot of kidding about that over the years but he wanted to tell my dad that what he saw and what had happened was the truth. Just my story about the Hancock deer woods....

That was just T.P. tryin' to steal his beer while he was asleep.

dutchman

The bow season opener is just around the corner. Y'all need to read and heed...

hunterofopportunity

Might as well put my story on here, nothing supernatural just something I had never heard. Back in 2014 I was hunting alone in Ft. Stewart an shot a large hog at dark-thirty on a Sunday evening. When I got down there were more hogs running in the thicket, they moved off and I started cutting the boar I had shot when out in front of me about a 100 yard there was a long howl almost like you hear a wolf on a horror movie. I stood there a minute listening but nothing else. I went and got the cart and brought my rifle back in with me, something I never do. Going back in a small deer in my headlamp lay down in front of me under a bush like it was hiding and stayed there while I walked within 10 yards. A 300 yard pull back to the truck no problem, but that howl made my hair stand up. I have heard coyotes but never like that, even though I figure its what I heard. I listened to a recording of a Bf howl in fla I swear sounds the same, so who knows.

hunterofopportunity

And I do still hunt alone before daylight till after dark, I was taught early in the Marine Corps I was one of the meanest things in the dark everything else was on defense.

one hogman

I dont scare easy, the only time I have been a lil nervous in the woods was sitting on the ground in the middle of a big south Ga. swamp, with my foot in a surgical boot, I couldn;t climb or run and wild hogs were running all around me after my old 7400 rifle had jammed with a stuck case in the chamber that had to be ramrodded out. Luckily I had my G23 .40 cal on my hip with a laser and I went to work on the hogs with it, The early stories on here I dismiss, I know there are spirits out there and the devil is alive and well, I feel my safest and most at peace in the WOODS!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Evergreen

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Had a buddy lend me one of those doghouse style blinds back almost 20 years ago, for a spot that was so thick once you got over head height you really couldn't see anything through the leaves. Got in real early one morning, nothing was really moving, had stayed out late the night before, i was snoring by 8 a.m. mustve had a bad dream, I remember the hair standing up on my neck as I was coming too, i stretched my arms out, a doe had her head stuck in the window of the thing and blew as I cracked my eyes open, got her head caught running one-way I fell out the chair, ripped the wall off the thing heading the other way. Was funny 5 minutes later but she got my heart rate up in the moment. Never told anyone that, just told him a limb fell on the thing and bought him a new one when I needed to return it

westcobbdog

This didn’t happen to me but I was sleeping 20 ft away.The person it happened to is a member here but as a tough guy policeman type he may not ever post this up….About 5 years ago I was sleeping in a bed set up in my friends ( RIP ) farmhouse living room, with other hunters sleeping in diff rooms. This person was sleeping on his side, in long since passed grandma’s room and actual bed. He woke up to an old man with a scruffy beard and a flannel shirt bending down examining who exactly was in the ( his ) bed. After the hunter screamed like a girl the for figure went through the closed door or wall into the room I was in. I never saw anything just woke up to the loud scream.

KLBTJTALLY1

When I was around 15 or so two buddies and me were sitting by a fire on an Autumn night on the edge of an old corn field. Suddenly out of the corner of my eye I noticed legs running in the fire light and it looked like deer skin pants that Indians would wear. Man I jumped from a seated position to standing up in one jump; scared to death. After my buddies convinced me I didn't see anything I forgot about it.

After the years rolled on I started finding pottery in the field and also people would find arrowheads and such. I even found a Herty pot on a tree in the woods. It occurred to me that there were signs Indian inhabitance in the area. This area was in North Florida near Tallahassee.