Nikon

Lilly Pad

Handgunner, good.... Im glad they got you your scope. I still have not received even a reply after I sent the email Miguel suggested which I sent him a copy. I even called them again to inquire and received an email saying they would find out about it and reply in 24-48 hours. That was on 3\27, so far no reply after they were going to check on it.Who knows.thanks for ur update

Handgunner 45-70

Lilly Pad that really bite the big one. Did they give you a service order #? I have been emailing them questions on their site and have gotten a reply back in less than 24 hours. I always refer to the Service order# which they sent me from when they first recived the scope. Also when I called I used the same service # and have been getting plenty of help.

Lilly Pad

Yes sir,on their site for checking on an update you have to put in the service order number. Even if you call customer service you have to give them that info.
For those who think Im inpatient,I wouldnt be if nikon would kindly reply like they said they would instead of in so many words tell me not to contact them that if/when they will contact me. This emailed from a supervisor. Thats why i am starting to think something may be wrong on their end. Heck just send me back my defective scope if nothing else.
Nikon customer service with me in my case dont even exist. Have a good day handgunner and thank you for your update

JohnyBlaze999

Here's my .02. Nikons made in China are of questionable quality. I had two I had to send back for fogging. The contrast wasn't that good either. After that, done with Nikons. For my budget, on my rifles, I stick to Leupolds, Sightrons and Weavers that are made in the USA or Japan.

rosewood

Some Nikons are made in the Phillipines I believe. So are some of the Weavers.

lonewolf247

Sorry your having trouble with Nikon customer service. I have been thru this with them a couple times before, and they don't meet my needs. I owned 3 Nikons, and had trouble with two of them. I only have one left now, and it's on a rimfire rifle.

To me, there are much better companies to deal with, when you have problems. Not to sound negative, but no more Nikons for me.

Lilly Pad

Me neither, all because of the run around and lies from,their customer service dept.
I made a complant yesterday with the Better Business Bureau.
C what shakes out, will post results one way or the other,however it shakes out.

bman940

I have asked Lily for some info to see if I can out. I do some freelance work with Nikon and know a few folk's who may be able to help. I just need the info I asked for to make the inquiry.

Swamprat

Swamprat
3 of my rifles have Nikon scopes and have not had nary an issue. Might be cause they are early to mid 90's models and built better.

BIL has fairly new set of binos and a Monarch scope...no issues as quality.

Hate you are getting a run around but sadly this seems to becoming the norm for a lot of companies.

Lilly Pad

nikon

killerv,
i don't think anyone is forcing you to read this thread. if it helps someone decision to think twice about nikon service than good, i hope i helped them and as you can see there are a few others who had the same problem with their customer service dept too. . and if you got lied to as much as i have you would be upset too. this thread started out innocent enough with a simple question is all. have a good day

Lilly Pad

bman940 ....just pm,d me, he wanted my info in 5 minutes that gentleman got my scope on the way.
bman940 thank you sir I appreciate what you accomplished that I couldn't do.
If your ever in south GA I owe you one

Lilly Pad

Handgunner, if it wasnt for bman i think i would still be exasperated with customer service people. Thank you again bman

bman940

Happy to help! I promise that this is not the norm for Nikon CS. While I do not work for Nikon I have been around them for 9 years and they do their best but occasionally someone falls thru the cracks, hopefully they can figure out what happened so it doesn't happen again.

rosewood

Like any company, you have employees that could care less about customers and some that go the extra mile. Sounds like you got the former on the first attempts. Glad you got a good one on the job.