WGI Quit Working!

six

I know a lot of you have had problems with WGI cameras. I've had really good luck with them. I run 10-15 cameras usually, and 7-8 are WGI. I had one finally quit working a couple weeks ago. I had had it running without any issues for about 5 years. The neighboring property was having their annual burn and the fire jumped the road (pig trail). First picture is of the camera that quit working along with a battery pack. Second picture is of the Forestry Division bulldozer going through the front yard at my hunting property. You can see how close it came to burning up my trailer.
39058132620_fa9282121c_z.jpg

39974190135_46af97195a_z.jpg

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Maybe u can send it back lol , I’ve had good results with there customer service , glad your camp is ok !

N

NantucketShedHunter

Did the Wildjunk camera quit working because it caught fire?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
You got 5 years out of a WGI? You should submit that to Ripley's.

I have two in the woods right now that have been out there 24/7 for four years. I've bought several more since then, and never had the first problem out of any of them. And never paid over $50 for a one of them. My buddy has a couple that have been running nonstop for over five years.

I really don't understand why folks put them down, unless they've never actually used one, or bought one of the really old ones made by the Ripemoff brothers before Plano bought them out. I get thousands of good pics, and batteries last for at least six-eight months.

furtaker

WGI used to make the worst, junkiest cameras on the planet, bar none. That's why they got such a horrible reputation with so many folks. But they are much better now. I have several of the <$50 Terra models and I love them. No issues and tons of pictures every time I check them. I was at my local Walmart the other day and they had the Vision 16 no glow model on clearance for a whopping 21 bucks. And it came with batteries and an SD card. I bought one and decided to go back and get another a couple days later but of course they were all gone. I love Wildgame cameras, they are my favorite at the moment. Plus I'm not out a bunch of money if somebody steals one.

N

NantucketShedHunter

Any of you WGI owners, can you format the card in the camera?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Any of you WGI owners, can you format the card in the camera?

Not that I know of, at least not in the cheapo models that I buy. When I check cams, I pull the cards and replace them with formatted ones, then I plug the cards into my laptop, download the pics, and format.

N

NantucketShedHunter

Thanks all. Also, don't WG cameras only take one pic per trigger? Do they not offer a burst option?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks all. Also, don't WG cameras only take one pic per trigger? Do they not offer a burst option?

I think some of the higher-priced ones do, but the cheapos I buy don't. Seems like the more expensive a WGI cam is, the less reliable it is.

uturn

I've had really good luck with WGI cameras as well...got a handful running now been there for 4/5 years also!

Osceola Guy

The only issue is a wildgame has sometimes funny brand cards it likes better than others and formatting on a PC x fat32 otherwise you got a good camera.