***General Discussion Weather Thread #2 2018***

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Had snow on the ground yesterday morning, supposed to be 80 today.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
28 freaking degrees when I left home this morning.

toyota4x4h

Had the ac on yesterday evening forgot to turn heat on overnight and it was 61 in the house this morning when we woke up ha! :banana:

georgia357

Tornado warning just went off for Rockdale county.

eta: Ch 2 just said that the storm in weakening.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Not much too these. elevation of cells are too high and tops are getting blown off by mid level winds so convective development is near impossible, thus why there isn't any lightning associated with these couplets like there would normally be. Still might get breezy, but I wouldn't worry too much about them right now.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
There is a good cell couplet heading for Madison / Buckhead that does have lightning in it and the NWS hasn't said peep about it.

It's the one I would watch if I were y'all. ;)

georgia357

Not much too these. elevation of cells are too high and tops are getting blown off by mid level winds so convective development is near impossible, thus why there isn't any lightning associated with these couplets like there would normally be. Still might get breezy, but I wouldn't worry too much about them right now.

Yep, they just cancelled the warning.

PappyHoel

Looks like some around your area now and SE towards Athens.

Status
Not open for further replies.