Bad check written to me...

MudDucker

Staff member
Payment of an old debt with a bad check is not a crime. You will have to sue the dead beat in civil court.

Cmp1

BANNED
Go to the police. It is the same as theft.

DO NOT accept any amount of payment in any sort of deal or agreement other than the full amount, right now.

Any sort of modification of the original agreement where they wrote you the check is considered an acceptable modification of the original agreement and now you are stuck down in civil court if you have to seek any type of redress.

Right now it is a criminal court crime and the police and prosecutor should be seeking the criminal and prosecuting.

In civil court all those costs will be yours.

Don't see this happening with the prosecutor,,,, the amount may be over the civil court limits,,,,

Meriwether Mike

Call his bank and let them know you are trying to pass a check on his account for X dollars. They will see that it bounced prior. Get on a first name basis with the branch manager. Call everyday to see if the funds are there for it to clear. As soon as the monies are there go and cash it immediately. This is your cheapest option, lawyers are the only winners when you get them involved.

livetohunt

This post is a prime example of if somethings sounds too good to be true...................

Big Foot

https://lakerecord.net/2018/06/13/fishing-guide-on-lake-lanier-accused-of-fraud/

gave the investigator 6 other names and phone numbers this am, they have exact same story as mine...there are more, I know of 2 more but do not have their contact info as of now..thats 9 people including me is what I have counted - who knows if there are more??? the amount of money is way up there...I have seen 3 bad 5 figure checks written including mine...none of these 9 people have gotten their boat, there have been no serial numbers and or pictures shown where there were boats and money not refunded....I just found out another persons delivery date is in 2 weeks, by way of chance knowing some one who knows him...hes been reading all the reports in the papers...

my deal was in my mind all secured by the boat...but, there is no boat as I know now. Law enforcement and lawyers involved - this has been extremely stressful...

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
https://lakerecord.net/2018/06/13/fishing-guide-on-lake-lanier-accused-of-fraud/

gave the investigator 6 other names and phone numbers this am, they have exact same story as mine...there are more, I know of 2 more but do not have their contact info as of now..thats 9 people including me is what I have counted - who knows if there are more??? the amount of money is way up there...I have seen 3 bad 5 figure checks written including mine...none of these 9 people have gotten their boat, there have been no serial numbers and or pictures shown where there were boats and money not refunded....I just found out another persons delivery date is in 2 weeks, by way of chance knowing some one who knows him...hes been reading all the reports in the papers...

my deal was in my mind all secured by the boat...but, there is no boat as I know now. Law enforcement and lawyers involved - this has been extremely stressful...

As I was reading the post, I knew exactly who it was.. Good luck! Sad thing for sure..

PappyHoel

As I was reading the post, I knew exactly who it was.. Good luck! Sad thing for sure..
Yep he’s on another fishing guide thread too. Posted the story over there last week.

Big Foot

still more names coming in - investigation ongoing...many good people separated from their hard earned money by Shane and Pam

I can say this one Investigator told me "you would not want to be in their shoes"...think we all knew this, but his tone and coming from this person spoke volumes...time will tell, but I am with the Cops - you play stupid games you win stupid prizes...they crossed allot of really good people that are not taking any of this lightly on any level period...

Last edited:

Big Foot

warrants issued yesterday for Shane Watson of Shane Watson Guide Service - from the Sheriff:

"that guy has a million dollars worth of bad checks /fraud hanging over him and is on the run, he is in the NCIC Nationwide"

** they took an old man in Roswell for 180k and wrote him a 250K bad check...as just one horrible act they did...

Cmp1

BANNED
warrants issued yesterday for Shane Watson of Shane Watson Guide Service - from the Sheriff:

"that guy has a million dollars worth of bad checks /fraud hanging over him and is on the run, he is in the NCIC Nationwide"

** they took an old man in Roswell for 180k and wrote him a 250K bad check...as just one horrible act they did...

Wow,,,,,

Latest posts