black panther tree pups

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
I'm wanting at least one started black panther hound.Must be from proven sire with hunting ability,not interested in field trial background.The dog I'm looking for can hunt in wilderness or urban enviornments,must be extremely cold nosed and silent trailing.This pup must not run trash,it will be around trailerparks and the occasional Waffle House on some hunts.I would prefer to see dogs work before purchase.Price paid will be commensurate with ability.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
it also must be able to tell the difference between a black panther scream and a woman that is being raped as well as a fox screaming. only the best dogs can do this.

see sigline

T

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
Very good points indeed Throwback.What I really hate is to get a young dog well started,and see them leave a hot black panther track to chase a skunk ape or sasquatch.

Can't chase cougars either, only black panthers. There's a suttle difference but you can tell once their down. A good dog should be able to tell by the scent.

Hope you find the dog your looking and have a few thousand dollars in case you do.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
11P&YBOWHUNTER as you say,a good nose is very important in selecting a good puppy.The difference in odor of a black and a tawny panther is very subtle,but that is exactly why a person has to be careful in selection.Throwback points out the need for a pup with exceptional hearing,which cannot be understated either.The visual acuity may be the key factor however.A puppy that will chase a black labrador,coyote,or even a melanistic bobcat by sight will not do.

EEFowl

You will most likely stay very busy after this dog gets trained with all the panther that are seen here.
Question, if your dog trees a panther and you then take a picture of it will you get the $1000.00 reward from GON?

EF

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I've tried and tried to train one, but they keep treeing black housecats, labrador retrievers, and black coyotes. :huh:

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
I got a dog that has a great nose! He can find any crumbs on the floor instantly. He has shown no interest in treeing squirrels, chasing rabbits, pointing quail, or retrieving ducks or doves, so he must be a black panther dog. :bounce:

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
Maybe the key to this is to find a tame black panther to train puppies with.How about it Olcowman,you've done a lot of studying on the subject,can you put me in touch with someone to supply such an animal?I wouldn't need to own the cat, just use him to train puppies.If you're going to suggest a Bigfoots owner,you'll have to translate the negotiations.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
I've tried and tried to train one, but they keep treeing black housecats, labrador retrievers, and black coyotes. :huh:

and otters. dang things spend time out of the water too. black leopards, too.

T

270 guy

Banned
If your serious... I have a large Black Poodle that runs only Black Panthers and doesn't bark until the cat is treed. The Black dog is as stealth as the cats that's why I use them. There not cheap so if your just a tire kicker don't waste my time. The dogs start at $25,000.00 per pup and that's at 8 weeks old the proven dogs are $35,000.00 and up. Let me know how many you want I will drive up to 15 miles to meet you.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
Bring your best dog,I'll bring a video camera and a letter of credit from the bank.We'll hunt for three nights,if your dog trees a certifiable black panther,I'll pay your price.If he doesn't Nicodemus don't get a kitty feed,or a black robe and you don't get anything but a sullied reputation.JasonB has a Bigfoots dog waiting to audition.If I can arrange a cross breeding:poodle x Bigfoots hound,will you go for it?What would that be,a poodlefoot or a sasquatch fifi?Oh yeah don't bring John Eubanks with you to climb that tree, and plant that black poodle up there and call it a panther.

Big7

The Oracle
You need to run a thread in "she-cargo" to get one like that..

crackerdave

Hmmmmmmmm.......... [I'm thinkin'.]:confused:

OK - I'm through thinkin' now. 'Fraid yer headed for heartache,fishfryer.I might coulda fixed ya up with a good cur dog,but you specifically said a "hound."

Last edited:

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
Well Crackerdave, I think I've already got what I wanted.Just a chance to have a little harmless fun with you fellows, to pass some cold dreary weather.I'm very glad to see you back,hope things are sorted out right.Warm weather is my preference,I'd rather sweat than put on a coat.

crackerdave

Well Crackerdave, I think I've already got what I wanted.Just a chance to have a little harmless fun with you fellows, to pass some cold dreary weather.I'm very glad to see you back,hope things are sorted out right.Warm weather is my preference,I'd rather sweat than put on a coat.

Thanks,brother! Things are about as sorted out as they're gonna get, I reckon.:)

I'm sho witcha on th' warm weather!:clap: Hope you can make it to the next Woody's get-together - "W.A.R.IV" near Culloden,in March.Brang yer fish-fryer!:cool: