Georgia state parks and campers?

gordon11

I'm a tent camper but three of my favorites are Indian Springs, Hard Labor Creek, and Chattahoochee Bend.
Hard Labor Creek is excellent and has decent fishing. It's very popular so open campsites can be hard to find at certain times of the year. Indian Springs is high on my list. It has decent fishing, and since the campground is on the backside of the park, you really get a feeling of being in the wilderness even though it's your typical campground otherwise. Chattahoochee Bend is a beautiful park with lots of trails and canoe access to the hooch. The campgrounds are great. Without a canoe or small boat of some sort, there isn't much in the way of fishing because the banks are too high to make fishing practical.

Oldstick

Agree with Oldstick. Cloudland is nice, we stayed there and hit a lot of Civil War historical sites. Has a pool too.

We just got back after a couple days at Cloudland Canyon this week. I reckon time flies and I realized it has been to 15+ years since our last time. Not that it would be open this week, but I was disappointed to see a big flat dirt mound where the pool used to be.

A fabulously exciting frisbee golf course instead and you actually are supposed to pay to play on it.

:huh:

Last edited:

Tank1202

We just got back after a couple days at Cloudland Canyon this week. I reckon time flies and I realized it has been to 15+ years since our last time. Not that it would be open this week, but I was disappointed to see a big flat dirt mound where the pool used to be.

A fabulously exciting frisbee golf course instead and you actually are supposed to pay to play on it.

:huh:

WOW didn't get up there this year.

Tank1202

Just returned today from McKinney Campground. Great weekend, seen more deer this weekend than I have seen in the woods. But I need to say they need to have a hunt to take some out. These deer are skinny.