What is the best campground in Ga. close to the beach.

campinnurse

I would recomend River's End on Tybee it is closer to the beach than Skidaway. Both are nice campgrounds on Tybee Island. There is just so little beach in GA. Hunting Island is SC is a little further but well worth it. It is a beautiful campground with a great beach. If your family prefers a more natural enviroment you would probably like it there. I have camped them all and it is my favorite.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Ft Clinch state park on Amelia in florida is worth the extra hour drive. The facilities are very nice, there is a cool fort and they have a fishing pier and its right on the beach. Also check out St George Island park on the gulf (not sure about the oil problem) but the fishing on St george is always great and you can fish the bay and the beach there.

I will second this recommendation. I have been camping there since the late 1950s. There are actually two campgrounds there. One is very near the ocean and the jetty. It is very open little shade and beachy. The other is on the river side and heavily shaded with live oaks. It is absolutely my most favorite campground. Not in Georgia, but you can see Georgia just across the river.

stillman

We stayed in one of the cabins at River's End on Tybee last week. It's a nice place. Quiet. Fairly easy walk to the lighthouse and the beach.