$90,000 Pickup Truck

Skipper

Banned
Well, The Hummer ain't so big anymore. It seems the old Scout just grew up. It's got a DT466 and and Allison Tranny, but it looks like you'd need a tall garage door. :bounce:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Skipper

Attachments

• CXT-2.gif
    CXT-2.gif
    37.1 KB · Views: 767
Last edited:

dbodkin

No thanks looks like those cup holders wont hold a "Big Gulp" :speechles

Skipper

Banned
Interior

Attachments

• CXT-1-full.gif
    CXT-1-full.gif
    96 KB · Views: 550

Skipper

Banned
I can just see it now. Yuppies driving this thing. It's an automatic, so momma hooks up the 2 child seats in the back and heads off to Soccer practice. McDonalds will have to go back and watch the Beveryly Hillbillies to see if they can get the specifications on Jed's pot passers so's they can hand happy meals up to the cab window from the drive through.

Skipper

Hunterrs

GONetwork Member
I saw one at the Perry Buckarama this year. I guess that's where you got the pics of the inside from. It was like a semi, the ultimate SUV!!!! It was in the building where the bowbender's classic was by the way.

Robert

Skipper

Banned
According to the brochure you don't, but it says to ask your own state. It has air brakes, so I'd think you probably do.

Skipper

It was kinda scary...

...when I saw one of those things! And it wasn't in the woods... it was cruising Barrett Parkway in front of the mall!

I didn't know if it was a custom rig or what...

I have two questions... before I bother to go for a test drive...

Does it come standard with a hydraulic lift to load the passengers?

and...

Do oxygen masks fall from the ceiling when you roll down a window and the cabin pressure drops?

Sincerely,

Toliver

CDL would be required for a vehicle with a GVWR of 26,001 pounds or more.

Now I wonder if my wife will let me buy that?

Ga-Spur

I wonder why it is setting so high. It will not go thru mud any deeper than those tires ,axles and skid plates will let it.

Skipper

Banned
I kinda wondered that myself. It wouldn't be worth a hoot for towing anything as high as it is at least in my thinking. You sure couldn't tow a 5th wheel or goose neck with it, and without a big drop hit, a bass boat would be nearly out of the question. I guess they had to clear the ground with the fuel tank. It looks like about an 80 gallon tank. They said it gets 4 to 6 mpg :D It looks like a 2 wheel drive would be more practical if it was shorter. The only thing I can figure it'd be good for is spottin beaver on the highway. ::huh: It would be tough to get 12,000 pounds of stuff in a pickup bed, so even though it could haul, there's just not much of a place to put it. I'd tend to guess that like all duallys, even though it's 4wd, it would still get stuck pretty easy especially given that it probably weighs 12000 pounds empty.

Skipper

short stop

I think I'll wait till there real cheap an buy one on E BAY. THAT IS SOMETHIN SERIOUS

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
$90,000 is becoming the norm for a new truck
Yep, and I rebuilt my '84 Siverado 4x4 in '99 bumper to bumper for 10 grand, I can rebuild it now for 20 grand. That's means I'll have 40 grand in a truck I like.. that has no computers on it, can't be "traced", and I can work on on the side of the road with just a handful of tools. Plus I have no worry about any recalls.

kingfish

Got a 92 Toyota 4 x 4, 4 cylinder with a 22R engine. Had it since 1993. A couple times a month, someone will pull up to me and ask me if I want to sell it. Got a buddy that wants me to will it to him if I go before he does. Hardly ever use the 4 wheel drive but when I do the term explosion comes to mind when it comes out of a hole. Think I'm going to hold on to my Toyota and forgo the 90K Scout. Not really into being the "HEY, LOOK AT ME" guy. To each his/her own.