Bravo's

biggdogg

Maybe the rotation just needs to be set up to where Teheran doesn't pitch at SunTrust. He's been near abouts untouchable on the road this season.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Braves looking good coming back after all star break !

DannyW

The Braves evened their record to 45-45 while in the middle of the toughest 19 game stretch imaginable. Of the 19 games, 16 are against the top 5 teams in all of MLB (and the other three are against a team with a winning record who happened to win the World Series just 8 months ago.)

So far the Braves are 5-4 against top 5 teams in this stretch. If they can win 9-10 games of the 19, then we can cautiously assume they have turned the corner. If they have another 5-6 game losing streak, maybe there is more work to be done.

After this murder’s row stretch of 19 games, the schedule turns much easier. Only 17 of their last 51 games are against teams which currently have a winning record.

So what does this mean for this season? Probably not much. Making the playoffs is still a long shot at best. And even if they somehow sneak into the playoffs they just don’t have the firepower to match up against teams like the Dodgers, the Astros, or even Washington in a 7 game playoff series. And if your team doesn’t have a chance to win it all, just making the playoffs is kind of pointless…maybe satisfying and fun on some level, but still pointless.

But next year might be intriguing. The Braves trajectory should have them contending for a wild card slot at worst, and a division championship if they plug a few holes, and upgrade a couple others. And the 2019 team could have a high ceiling.

However I know this for certain….you can take your hand away from covering your eyes. The Braves are finally becoming enjoyable to watch again.

Coenen

Let's just hope the front office stays course with the rebuild, and doesn't go into "Win Now" mode. The "Win Now" mentality is what got us where we were; it's not sustainable, and hasn't really worked for any of the teams that have tried it.

biggdogg

For one, the Dodgers and Astros are in a class all their own. The Braves have proven they can handle the Jekyll and Hyde Nats. Do I think they are a World Series contender? Not by any stretch of the imagination. But yes, a Wild Card berth is definitely in reach should they survive the next 3 weeks. Pointless? Hardly. More like proof that the rebuild is working as planned.

I know they have scouts looking at Verlander and Fulmer in Detroit (Kate Upton in Atlanta anyone?? :D) and they have had their sights on Sonny Gray (this is the one I'm hoping to see in an Atl uni...) for a while now. So we'll have to wait and see what the deadline brings as well. I do believe Kemp, J. Garcia and Phillips will be moved though.

BornToHuntAndFish

At least something good happened in the Braves latest 2-hour & 30-min.rain delay game besides Markakis's 387-ft. line drive HR to the Chop House in the 2nd-inning . . .

CHC@ATL: Cubs fan uses his glove to snag a hot-shot

39-seconds

Published on July 18, 2017

A young Cubs fan makes a nice catch with his glove on a hot-shot off the bat of Nick Markakis in the bottom of the 6th-inning

i

walukabuck

Time to start shopping a few veterans. See what you can get for Kemp, Markakis, etc. Forget this year with the rigth moves 2018 can be good.

biggdogg

Time to start shopping a few veterans. See what you can get for Kemp, Markakis, etc. Forget this year with the rigth moves 2018 can be good.

They were never contenders to begin with. They still have a shot at a wild card with the way August and September play out with mostly sub .500 teams. But they were never going to hang with LA or Chicago. And they were never going to catch Washington.

Kemp or Markakis, one will get traded for sure. I doubt both do. Phillips and J. Garcia are as good as gone. It's just a matter of time. If they find a willing partner, and there are a few asking, Teheran will most likely be moved too. Adams won't get traded until December when Coppy can get pretenders to get in a bidding war with actual contenders. I just hope that a Sonny Gray deal happens...or maybe Fulmer from the Tigers..

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
yeah lets trade off our best players again for a bunch of no names or old worn out pitchers at 13 million a year thats the ticket. facepalm:

maybe add freddy freeman to the mix. maybe for him we can get 5 SIngle A players straight out of high school, a 45 year old pinch hitter out of retirement and a new tarp for the infield when it rains. facepalm:

biggdogg

yeah lets trade off our best players again for a bunch of no names or old worn out pitchers at 13 million a year thats the ticket. facepalm:

maybe add freddy freeman to the mix. maybe for him we can get 5 SIngle A players straight out of high school, a 45 year old pinch hitter out of retirement and a new tarp for the infield when it rains. facepalm:

Ummm, so is Dickey (the aforementioned 40+ yo pitcher) and Garcia your long term answer? And Kemp and Phillips are both long in the tooth and having renaissance seasons. Hardly a duo to bet the future on. Besides, they are both in the way of a couple studs (Acuna and Albies...). Teheran has been Jekyl and Hyde his whole career. Not to mention the fact that he has an ERA pushing 8 in the stadium he is expected to pitch half of his starts in. So yeah, move all of them, get the front line starter you are looking for (Gray or Fulmer... or both) and get what you can for the aging veterans and the inconsistent "ace". And fwiw, Adams likely brings a top of the rotation starter in an offseason trade... Because like it or not, Freddie is most definitely NOT the long term answer at 3B and the only other position Adams can play is DH (last I checked, that wasn't an option for the Braves...). Let Camargo man the hot corner next season.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Ummm, so is Dickey (the aforementioned 40+ yo pitcher) and Garcia your long term answer? And Kemp and Phillips are both long in the tooth and having renaissance seasons. Hardly a duo to bet the future on. Besides, they are both in the way of a couple studs (Acuna and Albies...). Teheran has been Jekyl and Hyde his whole career. Not to mention the fact that he has an ERA pushing 8 in the stadium he is expected to pitch half of his starts in. So yeah, move all of them, get the front line starter you are looking for (Gray or Fulmer... or both) and get what you can for the aging veterans and the inconsistent "ace". And fwiw, Adams likely brings a top of the rotation starter in an offseason trade... Because like it or not, Freddie is most definitely NOT the long term answer at 3B and the only other position Adams can play is DH (last I checked, that wasn't an option for the Braves...). Let Camargo man the hot corner next season.

I was specifically referring to trading markakis
The pitcher I was referring to was the great deal they got with bartolo colon that was a great decision

I call on Teheran to be fired every time he pitches.

BornToHuntAndFish

Lots more fun when the Braves get a road win on a good 1st place Dodgers team to break their 11-game winning streak.

41-seconds

Published on July 20, 2017

Johan Camargo ranges into shallow center and makes a great over-the-shoulder grab to end the game, snapping the Dodgers' 11-game win streak

DFPFahxUMAAo0Nq.png

DFO-5v4VYAEHmDz.jpg

Tweet:

21 July 2017

Atlanta Braves�

The #Braves improved to 25-0 this season when scoring at least six runs after last night’s 6-3 victory:

DFSj9XSUQAE4D2g.jpg

:bounce:

Last edited:

BornToHuntAndFish

Good, fun, winning road trip for the Braves so far finally delivering a winning 24-23 road record, while also giving ex-Braves pitcher Alex Wood his 1st loss of the season ending streak of 11 wins.

4th - J. García safe at second on error by pitcher Wood, Markakis and Rodríguez scored.

FIELDING
E: Wood (2, pop up)

5th inning - F. Freeman homered to left center (390 feet).

5th inning - J. García homered to right center (399 feet), Kemp, Flowers and Rodríguez scored.

6th inning - Flowers homered to center (447 feet), Camargo and Kemp scored.

Tweet:

Atlanta Braves�

Jaime García helps himself with a laser shot to score Markakis and @SeanJRodriguez1!

#Braves up 4-0.

#ChopOn

Tweet:

Jaime García clears the bases with a GRAND SLAM! #Braves up 9-0!

#PitchersWhoRake

Tweet:

Jaime García became the second Atlanta pitcher to hit a grand slam in franchise history. Tony Cloninger hit two on 7/3/66 at San Francisco.

Tweet:

The 12 runs the #Braves scored tonight are the most the club has ever scored at Dodger Stadium since the park opened in 1962.

28-seconds

Jaime García Grand Slam HR

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="hi" dir="ltr">Gar-seeya. #ChopOn pic.twitter.com/d3t3ZeFwEO</p>— Atlanta Braves (@Braves) July 22, 2017</blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

28-seconds

Jaime García Moon shot! And Alex Wood pop-up error lets 2 Braves score.

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Moon shot!<br><br>(kinda) pic.twitter.com/drTggxcrD1</p>— Atlanta Braves (@Braves) July 22, 2017</blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DFUSK9JV0AAakbs.jpg

DFT-ATtXYAAR7jV.jpg

Tweet:

Atlanta Braves�

Note: We were unable to fit "ALSO HIT A GRAND SLAM" on this graphic. (below)
DFUEHk7XYAIjJEk.jpg

:cool:

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Braves are doing ok. Time to trade every good player we have

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
There hanging around that .500 mark. If they could string a few wins together they might could make a run for a wild card spot in the playoffs

Patriot44

Banned
Just went back and read the first page. The Braves seem to be on track.