Camper covers

LTZ25

Do you folks put a store bought cover on camper in winter?
I'm thinking about ordering one .

WayneB

I did... once.

Heavy and awkward to install.
Heavy and awkward to take off.

3 months covered in the yard weighted down the A/C cover and fridge vents to the point of cracking. Hid black spots and streaks where fabric got wet on the shady side and took awhile to dry.

After the new wears off the camper, the efforts to keep it looking good by spending money on RV covers, cleaners and waxes fades, you start looking for stuff that works with less effort. :)

YMMV; to me it's faster to clean it once in spring than to clean and dry, fight with cover in fall, fight again with cover in spring, then clean it all up again before use.

transfixer

I've owned one in the past for a camper I had, as mentioned above, not sure they are worth the trouble, if I had a new camper or nice second hand one, I believe I would invest in a shelter to park it under. I have a camper I leave at my deer lease that I've previously just thrown a tarp over in the off season, but am about to build a shelter/roof over it to keep the sun/rain/pine needles off of it.

A few years ago I bought a camper from a Gentleman that had owned it since new, it was a 1985 model, he kept it parked in a barn he had on his farm, it literally had zero leaks when I bought it, zero problems with the roof ac unit, etc,etc, within two years of me using it of course it developed a few leaks, even though I kool sealed the roof after I bought it, I think the only way to keep them protected is under a hard type shelter.

660griz

Do you folks put a store bought cover on camper in winter?
I'm thinking about ordering one .

I have one for a 25' - 26' camper that is new in the box. I sold the camper and forgot to give the cover.
What size camper ya got?

The mtn man

I have one for a 25' - 26' camper that is new in the box. I sold the camper and forgot to give the cover.
What size camper ya got?

I have a 25 ft camper.

LTZ25

What size camper ya got?

My camper is a 29 ft Coachman . Thanks for your input guys
I probably will not cover it .