Another St Simons Day

Scallen

Went out front of St Simons about 10 this morning and it was flat as can be. Can't believe there was no one else out there. The fishing was great. We caught 4 more bull reds ranging from 38 to 41 inches. All on half cigar minnows in 12-14 feet of water.

The 41 - this was first.

7DAru5.jpg

I got another one as my wife filled the cooler with whiting (which were one after another out on the bars).

Gb8Tco.jpg

Then the wife battled one that turned out an inch bigger than her first redfish last week.

R4Dtm5.jpg

Ddloyj.jpg

Out front, we caught redfish, whiting, bluefish (does that give us a Star Spangled Slam), bonnethead, and about seven sting rays. We headed inshore for a couple hours to fish a little flat about 4' deep where I caught several trout (3 keepers and about 8 or 9 at 13-1/2") while she caught a couple more whiting and tangled with a bonnet head about four feet long on a whiting rig with a tiny #4 light-wire circle hook. She got it to the boat finally, but it ran up front and broke off in the anchor rope. We did come home with a good cooler full, which I now have to go clean. All in all a great day.

ABuDTe.jpg

Last edited:

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
:cool: Those big reds are fun man good job to you n yer wife!!!!!!!!!!!
I get very excited over some good whiting in the cooler!!! Deep fried whiting is very tough to beat!!!!!!!!!!

Big7

The Oracle
Good haul in anyone's book!