serious question??

hunter922jr

We were deer hunting this morning in Cobb and heard people what I thought was duck hunting by the number of shots and pace. So my question, is it legal to duck hunt on my own property in Cobb County with a gun.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
As long as your legal. Steel shot proper lic.
That’s my guess.

Hunter922

so.. we still don't have an answer. Is it legal on private land or not. :huh:

marketgunner

yes, Give yourself permission to hunt your own club, unless the club restricts to deer only. Public waters is usually permitted unless you are too close to a dock or house on a lake

across the river

You can hunt on your own land, a long as you aren't within the 50 foot rule of a road. If Marietta has a city ordinance and you are in the city limits on the discharge of a firearm, that could limit you trying to hunt inside the city limits.

little rascal

Cobb

From what I've been told and read, you can shoot, hunt on your own property as long as the bullets or shot does not cross into another's property unless you have their permission. You might have heard a dove shoot going on as there has been a big push of doves recently. I have seen some large groups as in the 100's.

mattuga

Banned
I've been told you can use a shotgun to hunt turkey/ducks in Cobb and that rifle hunting for deer is the gun hunting restriction for Cobb. That said I'd go ahead and call the game warden to verify as someone will call on you. We duck hunted at a swamp in a heavy residential density area in Gwinnett. The owner would call the local police to give them heads up before any duck hunt because local residents would no doubt be calling it in so he just would save everyone the trouble.