Barnyard to the beach

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
Shrimp Alfredo tonight.

First, I shaved some of the guanciale that I cured from a hog we slaughtered two years ago and melted it down on very low heat. Then I added some chicken broth and seasoned it up and let it render for a bit. Then I added some buttered Chanterelles from last summer. Then added some Carolina shrimp and let it cook a bit, then added the sauce.

Flavor explosion!

<div class="tenor-gif-embed" data-postid="8911354" data-share-method="host" data-width="100%" data-aspect-ratio="2.4292682926829268">Explosion Boom GIF from Explosion GIFs</div><script type="text/javascript" async src="https://tenor.com/embed.js"></script>

39787826671_4dee270acd_b.jpg

24917600207_c42c3f4c14_b.jpg

Big7

The Oracle
Looks good!

Now, I got to Google "guanciale"..:D

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
Looks good!

Now, I got to Google "guanciale"..:D

I was thinking the same thing.

It's a cured hog jowl, essentially bacon made from the cheek of a hog, except unlike bacon, it's not smoked. I've got some that's been hanging for 2 years. It's got a flavor unlike anything else I've tasted. I save it for special occasions when I'm making an extra special pasta sauce.

This isn't mine, but this is what it looks like when sliced.

1_sliced.jpg

MOTS

That looks so good! I like Flair better on the quick vids though! Whooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I'd eat some of that if you twisted my arm really hard. :D

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Fantastic Eats! Wow!!!!!!!!!!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
This is why it's so dangerous to come into this forum. You gain weight by osmosis and you drool all over yourself and people at work think there's something bad wrong with you.