What model is this Franchi shotgun?

famdoc2892

Good morning, folks, I'd like to pick your brains with a teaser!

My father-in-law needs an ID on his Franchi sporting clay gun. It's at least 19 years old, which puts it outside the current Franchi USA/Benelli/Browning? catalog and serial number records.

It's a break-action 12-Ga. O/U with 30" vent-ribbed barrels marked "S.p.A. LUIGI FRANCHI BRESCIA Made in Italy Field". Pics are below, feel free to PM me, or fire away with any questions you may have, and thanks!

Wayne

Attachments

• Franchi1.jpg
    Franchi1.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 12,514
  • Franchi3.jpg
    Franchi3.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 7,274
  • Franchi4.jpg
    Franchi4.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 11,819
  • Franchi5.jpg
    Franchi5.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 7,123
  • Franchi6.jpg
    Franchi6.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 7,273
  • Franchi8.jpg
    Franchi8.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 7,789
  • Franchi10.jpg
    Franchi10.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 7,121
  • Franchi11.jpg
    Franchi11.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 7,044
  • Franchi12.jpg
    Franchi12.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 7,157

Unicoidawg

Staff member
No clue, but that sure is a good looking gun............:cool:

Bernard goldsmith

Looks to me you have a Aristocrat Field. 12ga. 30in barrels. Came in various chokes, vent,rib auto ejectors, boxlock, selective single trigger, checkered pistol grip stock. Mfg. 1960-69. If gun is 95% it's worth about 450.00. Hope this helps. Brescia is a town in Italy. They have been using this marking for 50years.

asimm85

Gone but not forgotten.
Yep its an Aristocrat Field but its a higher grade or had some extra engraving work done on it.

famdoc2892

Thanks, guys! Out of curiosity, what features clue you in to the model? Any way to track these serial numbers on a gun of this vintage?

BTW, we don't know that there was any extra engraving on this one, any pics of a "plain" one?

Wayne

asimm85

Gone but not forgotten.
Mainly the style of the gun it looks a little bulkier than the newer models. I would just call franchi they should be able to tell you exactly what it was and if the engraving was factory. Look it up on google there is a picture of a plain one. i cant remember the website.

There should be more proof marks and choke markings further up the barrel.

The proof marks will tell you something about the date it was made.

You should find a number "18.?" which will be the actual bore in millimeters, and then another number less than that, such as "14". That is the choke in millimeters.

I think that the engraving is factory. The motifs are pretty standard for Italian guns.

Apparently there are several grades of Aristocrat. Here is a list describing the features but no photos.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/EveryGun/GunMfgCategoryDetail.aspx?id=732