Y dna

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Those things you are requesting are temporal. I mostly had in mind rewards more eternal in nature. But I like the way you think,as far as the little boy's wellbeing and the religious corruption erradication and all.
Let me understand you correctly, you are OK with children suffering from horrible diseases now on Earth because you are able to convince yourself that they will not suffer later?

welderguy

Let me understand you correctly, you are OK with children suffering from horrible diseases now on Earth because you are able to convince yourself that they will not suffer later?

It depends on your definition of "OK". If you mean I like it,then no. But if you mean I'm looking past the sufferings of this life to the joys and glory of the next,then yes.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
It depends on your definition of "OK". If you mean I like it,then no. But if you mean I'm looking past the sufferings of this life to the joys and glory of the next,then yes.
I mean OK as in you have convinced yourself that their suffering now is a small price to pay for their eternal joys later even though you cannot be positive those eternal joys will surely happen.
In your coping method, have you put any thought into whether or not all the children will qualify for heaven? Will it be just the Christian children? Just the chosen/elect Christian children? Can you explain in more detail which kids make the cut and which ones won't and why you are "ok" with the kids that just suffer and die without going to the romper room in the sky?

welderguy

I mean OK as in you have convinced yourself that their suffering now is a small price to pay for their eternal joys later even though you cannot be positive those eternal joys will surely happen.
In your coping method, have you put any thought into whether or not all the children will qualify for heaven? Will it be just the Christian children? Just the chosen/elect Christian children? Can you explain in more detail which kids make the cut and which ones won't and why you are "ok" with the kids that just suffer and die without going to the romper room in the sky?

I don't know which children are the chosen ones.I'm just a lump of clay on the Potter's wheel like all the others.

His word says "all that will live Godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution."

But it also says " the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us."

We all suffer,some more than others but my question to you is this:
Do you think those that hate God even care that they will be separated from Him for eternity?

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I don't know which children are the chosen ones.I'm just a lump of clay on the Potter's wheel like all the others.

His word says "all that will live Godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution."

But it also says " the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us."

We all suffer,some more than others but my question to you is this:
Do you think those that hate God even care that they will be separated from Him for eternity?

You would serve the world better by caring for those children now.

To answer your question if you are directing it to me:
It is impossible for me to hate something that is phony.

If you are asking me the question regarding the children:
I suggest you do one thing in THIS life, go visit the cancer ward in a children's hospital. I don't think those innocent children hate anything real or imaginary and if you want to see some honest to goodness praying to your God you will not find any other place that is more sincere, more in need, or more deserving because of their innocence. Please tell us what you think after your visit there, save the indoctrination excuses beforehand.

welderguy

You would serve the world better by caring for those children now.

To answer your question if you are directing it to me:
It is impossible for me to hate something that is phony.

If you are asking me the question regarding the children:
I suggest you do one thing in THIS life, go visit the cancer ward in a children's hospital. I don't think those innocent children hate anything real or imaginary and if you want to see some honest to goodness praying to your God you will not find any other place that is more sincere, more in need, or more deserving because of their innocence. Please tell us what you think after your visit there, save the indoctrination excuses beforehand.

What makes you think I haven't done something already very similar to that?

So,is it because they are children that you say they are innocent,or because they are children with cancer that they are innocent?

I'm trying to get a handle on your criteria for innocency.
What determines if a person is innocent? Age,health,good deeds,how well they pray?,...you got me a little confused here.

And then there's the question of what determines whom you label as guilty.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety

So,is it because they are children that you say they are innocent,or because they are children with cancer that they are innocent?

What determines if a person is innocent? Age,health,good deeds,how well they pray?,...you got me a little confused here.

If you have ever spent any time in a children's cancer ward you wouldn't be questioning what innocent is.

You don't need me to blame your confusion on.

Last edited:

welderguy

I'm betting you have never spent any time in a children's cancer ward or you wouldn't be questioning what innocent is.

You don't need me to blame your confusion on.

The very best friend I had in this world died a terrible agonizing death with colon cancer at 19 years old.They gave him the maximum amount of morphine they could give,and they still had to strap him down to keep him in the bed because he was in so much pain.I know what cancer does,believe me.

So,what's your answer to my previous questions? Or you gonna keep evading?

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
The very best friend I had in this world died a terrible agonizing death with colon cancer at 19 years old.They gave him the maximum amount of morphine they could give,and they still had to strap him down to keep him in the bed because he was in so much pain.I know what cancer does,believe me.

So,what's your answer to my previous questions? Or you gonna keep evading?

Go to the children's ward now and you will see my answers.
My answer is there is no God that cares about those kids. They are too young to be anything but innocent.
If you go to a children's cancer ward see if you can find it in your heart to tell them and their families the nonsense you tell us in here. Tell them they are chosen to suffer. Tell that some of them will suffer for a greater reward but some will suffer for nothing because they are not chosen.

Another answer is I'll have to use your own conflicting beliefs.
Since you believe Jesus died for "our" sins those children certainly are innocent. Why did he die if he has not wiped the slate clean for ALL of mankind let alone children?
What is the term for people who have not heard of Jesus/God? Innocents
Then you throw more excuses and confusion in there because even the stories vs reality don't make sense to you so then you say those kids must not be chosen, or elect,or innocent.
We are born sinners but Jesus died for ALL sins but not everyone's sins, but those kids will be rewarded later, but not all of those kids, just some, but Jesus died for all.....

Cmon man.

welderguy

Go to the children's ward now and you will see my answers.
My answer is there is no God that cares about those kids. They are too young to be anything but innocent.
If you go to a children's cancer ward see if you can find it in your heart to tell them and their families the nonsense you tell us in here. Tell them they are chosen to suffer. Tell that some of them will suffer for a greater reward but some will suffer for nothing because they are not chosen.

So,school me here.What would you say to a child who is looking death in the face? "Hey kid,I'm not going to tell you the truth,but it will be OK because there is no God anyway".

Another answer is I'll have to use your own conflicting beliefs.
Since you believe Jesus died for "our" sins those children certainly are innocent. Why did he die if he has not wiped the slate clean for ALL of mankind let alone children?
What is the term for people who have not heard of Jesus/God? Innocents
Then you throw more excuses and confusion in there because even the stories vs reality don't make sense to you so then you say those kids must not be chosen, or elect,or innocent.
We are born sinners but Jesus died for ALL sins but not everyone's sins, but those kids will be rewarded later, but not all of those kids, just some, but Jesus died for all.....

Cmon man.

Jesus did not die for all.If He did,there would be none in he11.And I assure you there will be some in he11.
Did it ever occur to you the reason we have sickness and death is because of man?And you say we are innocent and God is to blame.That's totally backwards.You should wonder why He doesn't destroy everyone,not question why He only saves some.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
So,school me here.What would you say to a child who is looking death in the face? "Hey kid,I'm not going to tell you the truth,but it will be OK because there is no God anyway".

Jesus did not die for all.If He did,there would be none in he11.And I assure you there will be some in he11.
Did it ever occur to you the reason we have sickness and death is because of man?And you say we are innocent and God is to blame.That's totally backwards.You should wonder why He doesn't destroy everyone,not question why He only saves some.
I would tell them their family loves them and do not give up.
You make a great case on why gods were invented though.

Make all the excuses you want, you are in so deep you cannot stop anyway.

It did not occur to me we have that because of man mainly because the facts do not match your claims. What does occur to me is man wrote your bible and created your god.

welderguy

I would tell them their family loves them and do not give up.
You make a great case on why gods were invented though.

Make all the excuses you want, you are in so deep you cannot stop anyway.

It did not occur to me we have that because of man mainly because the facts do not match your claims. What does occur to me is man wrote your bible and created your god.

Many times when people came to Jesus to be healed of their dreadful diseases,He would say "thy sins are forgiven".
I like that.That says to me,even though Jesus can and does heal physical sickness,He's far more concerned with our spiritual sickness.

Its like,instead of putting a bandaid on the symptom,He goes in and does surgery and completely removes the problem altogether.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Many times when people came to Jesus to be healed of their dreadful diseases,He would say "thy sins are forgiven".
I like that.That says to me,even though Jesus can and does heal physical sickness,He's far more concerned with our spiritual sickness.

Its like,instead of putting a bandaid on the symptom,He goes in and does surgery and completely removes the problem altogether.

No times has Jesus ever showed up in a children's hospital and healed anyone. That says to me he exists nowhere outside of the writings in the bible.
It's like, instead of letting facts back your claims, you make this nonsense up in your head and actually believe it has happened.

welderguy

No times has Jesus ever showed up in a children's hospital and healed anyone. That says to me he exists nowhere outside of the writings in the bible.
It's like, instead of letting facts back your claims, you make this nonsense up in your head and actually believe it has happened.

I know of 3 different people who had "incurable" diseases,as told by multiple doctors,that suddenly were disease free.The doctors could not explain it.
But,I also know of many many others,including myself,who had the more fatal disease of sin,that were healed. Which do you think is the greater miracle?
Jesus is alive,and Im fully assured He moves in the halls of those cancer wards,if His children are there.I sincerely hope someday you can understand that.

660griz

I know of 3 different people who had "incurable" diseases,as told by multiple doctors,that suddenly were disease free.The doctors could not explain it.
I can explain it. They were wrong.
But,I also know of many many others,including myself,who had the more fatal disease of sin,that were healed. Which do you think is the greater miracle?
Absolutely no God created suffering for children. Hands down. That would be the greater miracle.
Jesus is alive,and Im fully assured He moves in the halls of those cancer wards,if His children are there.I sincerely hope someday you can understand that.
If he is in the halls, he has a cold heart.

drippin' rock

I can explain it. They were wrong.
Absolutely no God created suffering for children. Hands down. That would be the greater miracle.
If he is in the halls, he has a cold heart.

It's all part of the master plan, so suffering cancer babies are ok. We just can't understand with our human minds.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I know of dozens of "healty" people who have dropped over dead without doctors being able to explain it.
Does that then prove Jesus kills for fun?

The greater miracle is you not only believing in nonsense but continuing to use absurd claims without a shred of factual evidence to back them up.

Gobbler Down

In the words of my jesus, Christopher Hitchens, I offer up a few of his quotes for you to digest:

“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.”

“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”

“What do you most value in your friends?
Their continued existence.”

“To terrify children with the image of going to H***, to consider women an inferior creation—is that good for the world?”

And in closing I offer you this-

“About once or twice every month I engage in public debates with those whose pressing need it is to woo and to win the approval of supernatural beings. Very often, when I give my view that there is no supernatural dimension, and certainly not one that is only or especially available to the faithful, and that the natural world is wonderful enough—and even miraculous enough if you insist—I attract pitying looks and anxious questions. How, in that case, I am asked, do I find meaning and purpose in life? How does a mere and gross materialist, with no expectation of a life to come, decide what, if anything, is worth caring about?

Depending on my mood, I sometimes but not always refrain from pointing out what a breathtakingly insulting and patronizing question this is. (It is on a par with the equally subtle inquiry: Since you don't believe in our god, what stops you from stealing and lying and raping and killing to your heart's content?) Just as the answer to the latter question is: self-respect and the desire for the respect of others—while in the meantime it is precisely those who think they have divine permission who are truly capable of any atrocity—so the answer to the first question falls into two parts. A life that partakes even a little of friendship, love, irony, humor, parenthood, literature, and music, and the chance to take part in battles for the liberation of others cannot be called 'meaningless' except if the person living it is also an existentialist and elects to call it so. It could be that all existence is a pointless joke, but it is not in fact possible to live one's everyday life as if this were so. Whereas if one sought to define meaninglessness and futility, the idea that a human life should be expended in the guilty, fearful, self-obsessed propitiation of supernatural nonentities… but there, there. Enough.”

Christopher Hitchens

Israel

BANNED
In the words of my jesus, Christopher Hitchens, I offer up a few of his quotes for you to digest:

“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.”

“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”

“What do you most value in your friends?
Their continued existence.”

“To terrify children with the image of going to H***, to consider women an inferior creation—is that good for the world?”

And in closing I offer you this-

“About once or twice every month I engage in public debates with those whose pressing need it is to woo and to win the approval of supernatural beings. Very often, when I give my view that there is no supernatural dimension, and certainly not one that is only or especially available to the faithful, and that the natural world is wonderful enough—and even miraculous enough if you insist—I attract pitying looks and anxious questions. How, in that case, I am asked, do I find meaning and purpose in life? How does a mere and gross materialist, with no expectation of a life to come, decide what, if anything, is worth caring about?

Depending on my mood, I sometimes but not always refrain from pointing out what a breathtakingly insulting and patronizing question this is. (It is on a par with the equally subtle inquiry: Since you don't believe in our god, what stops you from stealing and lying and raping and killing to your heart's content?) Just as the answer to the latter question is: self-respect and the desire for the respect of others—while in the meantime it is precisely those who think they have divine permission who are truly capable of any atrocity—so the answer to the first question falls into two parts. A life that partakes even a little of friendship, love, irony, humor, parenthood, literature, and music, and the chance to take part in battles for the liberation of others cannot be called 'meaningless' except if the person living it is also an existentialist and elects to call it so. It could be that all existence is a pointless joke, but it is not in fact possible to live one's everyday life as if this were so. Whereas if one sought to define meaninglessness and futility, the idea that a human life should be expended in the guilty, fearful, self-obsessed propitiation of supernatural nonentities… but there, there. Enough.”

Christopher Hitchens

There's no need to insist. To one it either is or isn't.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
There's no need to insist. To one it either is or isn't.

I am almost convinced there is a god solely based off of your two sentence answer. Miraculous. Mysterious.