A question for believers

hummerpoo

Gone but not forgotten
That's kind of what I was assuming. I was assuming that ALL the switches in the brain had been mapped out. But maybe that's the plot wrinkle in the story.....

It's not my genre either, but the potential sequels are endless.

WaltL1

But the words came through man in both cases...the hoof beats.

And there's reason in each word.
And the evidence either will or will not bear out if one or both of the men infused "themselves" into it.
Our discussion is diametrically opposed here Israel.
I am removing man and all that is "him" from the equation and your point is based entirely on putting him into the equation so that its "him" that is now the controlling factor instead of the evidence.
Which is why you have to remove him from the equation...

WaltL1

As far as I can tell, the only thing that gets one saved is believing that Jesus is Lord. One of these days we will be able to make people truly believe that by throwing a "switch".
Weren't you listening to Welder?
Just believing does not = YAHTZEE!! :yeah:
Just believing without the magic ticket gets you a spot near the burn barrel with us.

ambush80

Weren't you listening to Welder?
Just believing does not = YAHTZEE!! :yeah:
Just believing without the magic ticket gets you a spot near the burn barrel with us.

Well, that's just my own understanding of the precept. I don't have no super duper discernment abilities like he's got.

Israel

BANNED
And the evidence either will or will not bear out if one or both of the men infused "themselves" into it.
I am removing man and all that is "him" from the equation and your point is based entirely on putting him into the equation so that its "him" that is now the controlling factor instead of the evidence.
Yes.

Israel

BANNED
I know, yet I dont know.
It matters but it doesnt matter.
I don't remember but here is what I remember.
You could be wrong but you may be right.
Wrong inferences easily lead to wrong conclusions, let me tell you about my inferred conclusion.
These matters, or none of these matters.
I Didn't believe now Im all in kit and kaboodle.

I guess when the bible is the example one chooses to live by, contradictions cannot be avoided.
Brother, how right you are...contradictions cannot be avoided.

Israel

BANNED
But what man is left?