**** General Weather Discussion Thread #8 2017***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindseys Grandpa

All things being equal i would just as soon it stay away from Newnan and visit some of yall what wants it. Snow mixed with idiots complicates my life.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Just in case y'all have any folk down around Tampa area, this same system does have a component that will present a minimal threat for spinny things down that way. Lots of good boomers for them.

That is all.

Trigabby

The NAM quantities in West Central Ga had me perplexed until I pulled this sounding. Those sub 1k mb temperatures made it clear. However, I would suspect Pine Mountain and points N & NE'ward will be more susceptible to higher totals, IF it actually happens.

I so hope this is true.. My farm is 8 miles NE of Pine Mountain and I'm heading down tomorrow...

RUTTNBUCK

Gone But Not Forgotten
Just in case y'all have any folk down around Tampa area, this same system does have a component that will present a minimal threat for spinny things down that way. Lots of good boomers for them.

That is all.
Great!!........We are driving to an area just northwest of Orlando Friday, and spend the weekend at a hunt test

West side of Lake Apopka

DDD

Winter Weatherman
This run of the NAM is not good. Not good at all. Unless you live in or around Lake West Point or LaGrange. Outside of that area, it's moisture starved.

Attachments

• 00Z_NAM.png
    00Z_NAM.png
    380.1 KB · Views: 468

DDD

Winter Weatherman
Have to look at any snow this time of year as a bonus. Try and have that attitude with this upcoming event.

Sorta like Georgia Tech... they have lots of moral victories... LOL.. sorry... couldn't resist.

Greene728

All things being equal i would just as soon it stay away from Newnan and visit some of yall what wants it. Snow mixed with idiots complicates my life.

Try being on duty at the Fire Dept when stuff like this hits!

Idjits abound.....:banginghe

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
This morning's models have backed off a bit on duration and the location is kind of up in the air. The big question is the moisture arrival, when and where (how far north).

Seems like the am runs on these models are typical stingy with their forecast so I guess we wait on the next set to come out and see if this is a trend or if they get generous again.

nickel back

This morning's models have backed off a bit on duration and the location is kind of up in the air. The big question is the moisture arrival, when and where (how far north).

Seems like the am runs on these models are typical stingy with their forecast so I guess we wait on the next set to come out and see if this is a trend or if they get generous again.

:bounce:.....toss up, flip a coin

jbird1

Dry slotting won't be an issue with this system due to the location of the low. ;)

Copy that. What has surprised me about this system is A. The time of year for this level of storm, and B. How you haven't been able to pick out the Achilles heel with this one. Normally you play devil's advocate on these and so far, you have been very optimistic. It must be the Christmas spirit clouding your judgement.:bounce:

rydert

Blue Heeler man
Copy that. What has surprised me about this system is A. The time of year for this level of storm, and B. How you haven't been able to pick out the Achilles heel with this one. Normally you play devil's advocate on these and so far, you have been very optimistic. It must be the Christmas spirit clouding your judgement.:bounce:

Bahumbug.....he ain't got no Christmas spirit:bounce:

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master

Oh yea of so short memories.

Here is a radar screen shot I took from December 8th 2014.

Attachments

• 12814rad1.jpg
    12814rad1.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 500

malak05

Overall still looking good, NAM kinda bellyed up last night but it's much better this morning particularly the 3k NAM which is now in full range looked good especially western portions of Metro Atlanta and just north and West of ATL

Status
Not open for further replies.