Opening day double two with one shot

bowandgun

Hunt was in laurens county. Heard gobbles in distance at first light. I set up in a hardwood bottom next to oconee river. On way to lease I listened to O'Neil Williams on radio. His advice on calling and patience really paid off. I called about every 20 minutes with no gobbles. I repeated his advice to be patient and did not move spots. Then at 845 I finally heard a gobble sways off. I then used his advice on "don't fall in love with your calling " and returned yelp after every other gobble. Then whe he got closer I played hard to get! I saw at about 100 yards out and then saw the second one. They put on a show gobbling and strutting in to about 50 yards and hung up with no shot. I thought about calling but remembered patience. He only had to move about five yards closer to get a shot. He finally took the steps toward the decoys. I saw his head and let the number 5's fly. He hit the dirt and to my amazement so did the other Tom. I got them both with one shot. My first time getting two with one shot. God blessed me today and it was my best turkey hunt. I am in cancer treatment and this made the day even more awesome!!

Attachments

• IMG_1598.jpg
    IMG_1598.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 1,381
Last edited:

turkeykirk

Congratulations on the gobblers. Wish you well with your treatment.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Congrats...sounds like a day well spent, and good luck with the rest of your treatment !

J-Rod

Sometimes God sends us those little signs that say... I got your back.
I wish you well with your cancer treatment. Here’s to you soon being known as a cancer survivor instand of a cancer patient. Congrats on the birds as well. Heck of an accomplishment.

DEERFU

Congrats on your double! I'm in the middle of treatment too and it was a huge Blessing to be out there. I get another big dose of cisplatin on Monday so it may be a while before I see the woods again. Praying your treatment goes well

bowandgun

Congrats on your double! I'm in the middle of treatment too and it was a huge Blessing to be out there. I get another big dose of cisplatin on Monday so it may be a while before I see the woods again. Praying your treatment goes well

I did cisplatin as well. God is in miracle business

txc35

Great news. Just the therapy you really need.