Question on lynch box call

striper commander

I got a lynch box call given to me that used to be my uncles. It is a fool proof model no 101 with 1965 out beside the model. Is 1965 the year it was made. On the other side it has a liberty mississippi address. It is a great sounding call that I hope to call one in with this spring.

Wetzel

First turkey call I ever had was a Lynch fool proof box call. Parents gave it to me for Christmas years ago. Didn't know they were different types of chalk at the time and eventually ruined the call using a oil based chalk on it. :banginghe Only thing I ever called up with it was a grey fox. Called it up on the first morning that I ever tried the call out in the woods.

I'm not sure what the 1965 means, but mine has the same information yours does and it was bought in the 80's so I'd guess it's not when it was made.

jeep983

That is the year it was made. Lynch hasn't been made in mississippi for awhile. It was bought by some of my friends father. They use to be made in Thomasville, GA but they closed it down now

jeep983

O by the way if you find one somewhere buy it! Not going to be able to get them anymore. They have almost shipped out what they had in the warehouse

Wetzel

It also has patents pending on the side. So i'm assuming it was one of the first fool proof calls.
Mine does to...

I still don't think this was when the call was made. Maybe someone else can respond. Hard for me to believe that my call bought in the 80's would have been made in 1965.

gobblinglawyer

First Lynch Foolproofs were made in Birmingham, Alabama. It came out in 1960. Then was later replaced with the 1965 model.

They were made in Liberty from around '72 until the early90's.

It's probably worth around $75.

Wetzel

Thanks for the information gobblinglawyer...

Does your call have made in mississippi on it also. I did not really think it was made in 1965 but it would of been neat if it was.
On the left side, it says:

LYNCH'S FOOL PROOF TURKEY CALL

It's fool proof. It's set for the yelp, cluck, put, whine, and cackle. It is semi-automatic. Read simple instructions. Patents pending. This box made and tested by M.L. Lynch Co., World's Champion Turkey Caller and Manufacturer, P.O. Box 377, Liberty, Mississippi.

right side says:

LYNCH'S FOOL PROOF TURKEY CALL - Model No. 101 1965

Is yours the same or different?

jeep983

I'm sorry it's not the year it was made. It is part of the model number.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Hey Dalton, how about a Lynch World Championship box, with 1958 on the side?

the allen jenkins family are part owners of the old ml lynch company that now resides in thomasville, ga. they recently stopped production on the lynch brand and will go under a new brand. you can still get that good sounding call but it will be named differently. the birmingham calls are the most valuable and the liberty calls are the most popular around now. if you have one, keep it. it will grow in value. great sounding call.

Carp

Mr. Jenkins was selling the new calls at the convention. They had his name on them but looked like a Lynch to me.

stev

Banned
Ive got a few lynch box calls .I better hold on to them i suppose.I dont use them anymore.

bam_bam

reading this made me think of the one i have its a lynch world champion model 102, i am assuming it was made in miss because it says "If this box is no obtainable locally or from M.L lynch Co. liberty miss." Are these pretty common calls? i dont see them in stores, i bought this call 8 or 9 years ago

J.W.

I have two Lynch 101 Fool Proof calls. They both say Model 101 1965. Mine were made inThomasville,Ga.