Free solunar/feed chart

pstrahin

I hunt when I can but I do like to look at this to see what times is has listed and compare it to my hunts and what I see. This one seems to be the most accurate one I have looked at before. Enter you zip and press enter. You can only see the current month without subscribing.

Thanks. I saw somebody looking at the fishing calender and it pretty much lines up with the hunting calender.

Dyrewulf

Any first-hand accounts of the major and minor times being accurate for movement/feeding? My schedule looks like somebody threw darts to pick the days I work, and *shockingly* the first two weeks, including weekends, of archery season I'm either working or out of state, AND I work the opening week of gun. So the days I do hunt, if this is really worthwhile I could use it to tighten up the days I hunt. (My property is a two hour drive from the house)

pstrahin

Any first-hand accounts of the major and minor times being accurate for movement/feeding? My schedule looks like somebody threw darts to pick the days I work, and *shockingly* the first two weeks, including weekends, of archery season I'm either working or out of state, AND I work the opening week of gun. So the days I do hunt, if this is really worthwhile I could use it to tighten up the days I hunt. (My property is a two hour drive from the house)

I know an old boy in NC that lives by this and kills some nice deer. I have never followed it, so anything I say would be a guess.

j_seph

Last sat when it says major in my area I seen nothing, during the minor was when I seen all activity

Core Lokt

Have you ever seen two of these with the same data ??

Close but not the same. The one on our local news is really off according to what I see, kill or catch. This one is the most accurate I have seen/witnessed. One thing you have to remember is you have to be where the deer are/want to be first of all. last Sat I saw 3 deer between 1:15 and 1:45 about 10 miles apart. One was a 125"+/- 8 pt in the braud open. When I got home and looked the major feed was 12-2pm. I was where the deer were moving. Doesn't mean they were walking by my stand.

Like I said, I hunt when I can but do look at it before or after a hunt when I think about it and more times than not the deer I see or fish I catch are within the feeding times weather it be major or minor.

Signed- the rut changes everything.

BigYves

It's all coincidence. Deer aren't affected or effected by the solunar cycle like fish are because of the rotation of the earth and tidal changes. Deer are totally independent because they are affected by hunting pressure and availability of food sources near their bedding areas. They do change their feeding during full moons because of the ability to see predators better but it's not some internal cause. So to predict hunting times based on this is IMO off base and a faith walk. I think it's all based on outside factors. Just look at deer that go nocturnal. You mean to tell me that they aren't affected? If that's true then all deer can decide based on their surroundings when they feed or increase activity.

Core Lokt

Yes deer will go nocturnal in an area due to pressure by humans in an area. I will agree on that. But you better bet they have to and will feed at least a few times in a 24 hr period. They may not travel a ways to do it but they have to eat and drink. The moon's position has a great effect on when animals feed. Always has and always will. Sure, tides will effect fish differently but deer don't live in water.

gsp754

Banned
doesn't glen burns give you the best times to hunt and fish on the news? I wonder how many deer he's killed or the biggest fish hes caught?lol