Snakes

Gaswamp

I just pick em up and move em out of the way, unharmed.

My Grandfather hunted barefooted if the weather wasn`t too cold.

my grandfather use to catch rattlesnakes in gopher holes bak in the day around Douglas Ga..I don't catch them but give them their space and respect.

Last edited:

cumberland

The population in Suches, Georgia is in great shape for copperheads and rattlesnakes. People here fuss at me for not running over them when i see them. Glad i "aint skeered". They are beautiful.

cumberland

By the way a pair of 150 dollar snake boots can save you 89, 850 dollars because some people's hospital bill ends up around 90, 000 if they have to do 5 or six series of anti venom.

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
I have seen a lot of cottonmouths up close. They don't chase you and aren't aggressive. They are very curious and will put on a display. About the only way they will bite is if you step on them.

DRBugman85

Play with them,pick them up and move them, are pucker up and kiss him on the lips.It's your life and money BUT I shoot them on site. BOOM dead.We have way too many here.

humdandy

Banned
That particular species of viper does not live up to the reputation and hype that goes with it. I know, I`ve fooled with em all my life. They don`t strike nearly as much as a diamondback, pygmy, or copperhead will. I also live in South Georgia, born and raised here, and I let every one I see go on its way.

And no, I`m not a dummy.

That dog will bite you........:rofl:in my best Lewis Grizzard accent!:rofl:

humdandy

Banned
I have seen a lot of cottonmouths up close. They don't chase you and aren't aggressive. They are very curious and will put on a display. About the only way they will bite is if you step on them.

I have seen a bunch of them as well...............I did have one who chased me to the golf cart.......or course this was after I tried to knock him in the head with a stick.......:rofl:

Most aggressive snake I have seen is the eastern king snake........and I have been around a bunch of snakes.......and I mean a bunch.:cheers:

DRBugman85

55 reported snake bites in Georgia this year so for. At a cost of about $80,000 to be treated per bite thats over $4 millon spent for treatment alone. BOOM = $.55 DEAD SNAKE... I like my money more than I like snakes. Just saying I like me:huh:

humdandy

Banned
55 reported snake bites in Georgia this year so for. At a cost of about $80,000 to be treated per bite thats over $4 millon spent for treatment alone. BOOM = $.55 DEAD SNAKE... I like my money more than I like snakes. Just saying I like me:huh:

I've seen and let crawl 10 venomous snakes this week......remember my last post?

Please send me $5 a week and I will start to kill them........unless of course Trumpy will send me a check? Maybe I can write it off on taxes? Are you an accountant? I'm sure you spend most your time in an office.....

DRBugman85

I've seen and let crawl 10 venomous snakes this week......remember my last post?

Please send me $5 a week and I will start to kill them........unless of course Trumpy will send me a check? Maybe I can write it off on taxes? Are you an accountant? I'm sure you spend most your time in an office.....
No I'm a Hired KILLER...:yawn:

saltysenior

that video shows what I always feared while sitting,backed into a palmetto head waiting for a turkey...especially when the head has a few gopher turtle holes in back of you..:biggrin2:

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I don't feel like spending the time to go look but I would assume most of the people in this thread that are pro killing every snake they come across are the same folks that carry side arms while turkey hunting.

Exactly what I was thinking !!!

MesquiteHeat

It just depends where I am and the situation. If hunting on property I rarely go to I don't kill them at all, but on lease land and private land that I own they are killed on sight. Especially if a piece of property is going to be turkey hunted and stomped in an hour before daylight. I know a piece in my county surrounded by marsh (basically an island) and if you let all the copperheads and Diamondbacks live in there you'd be moving/avoiding snakes everyday you hunted, it's only about 120 acres and its infested. And for the record, I never wear snake boots and haven't killed one in years despite plenty of opportunities, I have an IQ twice that of DRBugman, carry a .45 in a tanker shoulder holster, and could have whooped Gut Pile's butt when I was 12

jlt4800

When hunting I don't bother them if at all possible....now if it's around my house that's a different story...I kill any poisonous ones every time.

DRBugman85

FullSizeR.jpg At the gate on my lease.Someone got him before I could. TODAY.My (IQ) has nothing to do with killing venomous snakes is about survival.Come get ya some we have way to many in my neck of the woods.Oh yes I carry a side ARM (24-7-365) It's my right NOT TO BECOME A VICTIM. :shoot: