Rhino Chokes/Gunsmith - Warning

coryo

I have talked to Rhino Chokes on the phone once and met them at the NWTF convention this year, and I don't care how good his choke tubes are they want be in my gun!

rex upshaw

I have talked to Rhino Chokes on the phone once and met them at the NWTF convention this year, and I don't care how good his choke tubes are they want be in my gun!

seems like more and more people are saying this, both here and on some of the other forums.

trkyhntr70

>>>

Man, Gun Docc was easy to work with.

Told Curtis what I wanted, he told me what he recommened, we agreed, I sent it to him, shortly thereafter he sent it back, and I love it.

Easy as pie. :D

Hate you had the experience you did. Best thing to do is just move on and learn from it.

Thank God, I chose Gun Docc to work on my gun:)

Ricochet

It's funny...apparently a bunch of folks had bad experiences with them at the convention too. These guys must need an attitude adjustment. I don't care how many awards you won...dude, you make shotgun choke tubes. It's not like you just cured cancer.

I remember a thread with comments about someone at the Rhino chokes booth (probably Joe) being rude at the NWTF show in Nashville last year. It sounds like the same person. I remember his booth but never talked to him...probably a good thing. The Pure Gold choke guys (Bill Davis especially) were great last year and very nice to me & my son! That's 1 reason my 870 is sporting a Pure Gold choke and I doubt any of my guns will ever have a Rhino choke (they are not the only game in town)...customer service & attitude can make or break you.

sdguide

I have hunted with Joe on several occasions and he was always really nice to me. I hate to hear about the bad experience you had with him and the folks at Rhino. I do have one of his chokes and I like it but I wouldn't blame you one bit for not supporting a company that doesn't believe in good public relations. It really is a shame.

Big Country Boy

After reading all of this I assume that the man & woman I met at the convention were the ones mentioned in this forum.As a fairly new turkey hunter I've heard alot about their choke so when I seen them at the show I approached the booth I said how are you doing the guy just walked off did not even speak I was looking at one of the chokes & made the comment to my friend that it looked kinda like a KICKS CHOKE but with inverted ports .The lady over heard me and with a very nasty attitude started telling me about how they are the only one with that patent then threw some pattern sheet down and said how they've won all these records & will my choke do that (I guess my choke is junk!! ) but I'd give $60 for another KICKS before I give a penny for one of theirs. I hope those of you that have done buisness with them dont get treated like that.They sure made a bad impression on me (I hope things change for the better for them )It sounds like they have a very good product things are alredy hard enough on the small buisness owners without bad publicity....WHAT GOOD ARE WORLD RECORDS THEN:huh:

Omega

Omega give us an update when you can.

Darrell

The barrel has arrived but, unfortunately, I was summoned for Jury Duty today and wasn't home when UPS attempted to deliver. :banginghe I was really looking forward to getting my hands on it, checking out the forcing cone job, and getting a pattern on paper Saturday/Sunday. It'll be sometime next week before I get a chance to pattern the gun.

I can tell you that they did not ship it when they said they would. If they did it would have been here yesterday and I would have had my wife pick it up for me today. Oh well, at least it's back.

I'm looking forward to pattern report and glad that I'm through with the "other" headache.

captainhook

That's a shame you had a bad experience. I have always been treated very kindly and bought three chokes from them personally and one of my buddies bought one and was treated the same. The first one I got from them was a Remington choke when I had ordered a Benelli. I called them and they said send it back. I had a Benelli choke sitting on my step the next day and I live in Ga. That was pretty good service in my book. They shipped the new choke right after I called and didn't wait til they got theirs back. I don't know anybody else that would trust someone that much.

turkeyinstrut

Rhino Choke

I have seen post like this and all I can say is I would like to hear both sides of the story not just one. Also this is when every one that should have been getting there stuff ready from last season is rushing to get there stuff done in a month or less. Also if you don't try a rhino choke you are only hurting your self they are by far better then any choke that is on the market

JUSTIN I WILL GET BOTH SIDES OF THE STORY

I have a Rhino Choke and a Jelly Head and the Jelly Head shoots just as good if not better than the Rhino, Jelly Head cost me 45.00 and the Rhino was 105.00