Power Reeling a Bucktail Swimbait video

Scout'nStripers

I got out early this morning and started doing a little topwater over structure on points and offshore. I'd drop the trolling motor in 60-70 feet of water and start easing into the structure. After the third stop and marking stripers at every stop I couldn't resist and dug out and tied on a Capt. Mack 2 ounce bucktail and a swimbait and dropped down. My biggest rod was my jig rod with 14lb test so I tied the bucktail on that. It didn't take long till it was "Fish On"!

Here's what I was using.

Attachments

• IMAG1903.jpg
    IMAG1903.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 595
Last edited:

The mtn man

I've worked my self to a frenzy doing that at nottley, i can't get them to hit the bucktail, or Ben parker spoon.

Scout'nStripers

I've worked my self to a frenzy doing that at nottley, i can't get them to hit the bucktail, or Ben parker spoon.
Yea, I think every lake is different. It was kinda tricky to get that fish to hit. I was watching on the graph as the fish chased the bait down to about a 60 foot bottom then I reeled it up and I could see the fish chasing it up. I stopped at about 30 feet and dropped it back down to the bottom and the fish chased it back down to the bottom. When I reeled it back up I slowed down a little and that's when he nailed it.

The mtn man

Awesome!!

Worley

Fish

Daggum it fella, I knew u still had some silver fish left in ya ? Great catch and information.

Teh Wicked

Nice fish Jim, I still haven't mastered the Power Reeling technique quite yet. I have seen people cast it straight back behind the boat if they pass over fish, I have also seen them used like this similar to how one would use a Ben Parker.

Scout'nStripers

Thanks guys, I went back to the green side this morning....