Any old, OLD wrasslin fans?

red neck richie

Yup, I use to watch WCW Saturday night. My favorite wrestler was wildfire Tommy Rich. He had this move called the figure 4 I use to get my brother in all the time. I also liked Barron Von Raske. His move was the claw. My brother hated that one too. Tony Atlas, Ted Dibiase to name a few. I use to go down to the Omni and watch them live.

red neck richie

The earliest ones I can remember offhand were Wahoo McDaniels, Jay Youngblood, Gene and Ole Anderson, Bobo Brazil, and Ivan Koloff. we used to go watch the pro rasslin' at the junior high school gym. My wife's older sister dated Ricky Steamboat for awhile back in the 70s. She said he was not a very nice guy.

Did he make her call him The Dragon?:biggrin2:

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
I grew up with the old GA Championship Wresting/NWA (I think?) days. Lot of the folks mentioned above made their way through there. Also Tommy Wildfire Rich, Stan Hansen, Abdullah the Butcher, the Midnight Express, the Rock and Roll Express, Tony Atlas, Harley Race, and the early Ric Flair days. Also remember those two skinny Mulkey Brothers that used to get their tails kicked by all the good ones on the Sat afternoon shows. Used to love Gordon Soley's commentating on the matches, he could make up all kind of muscles, bones and body parts and make it all sound so real.

This stuff today just isn't the same, won't watch it.

^^^ This is what I grew up watching ^^^ I remember when the Mulkey Brothers actually won a match once. The crowd went crazy. The next week I remember some girls in the front row holding up a sign that said "Mulkey Mania". lol

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
And the Freebirds!

We used to go the VFW Fairgrounds in Carrollton for wresting back in the 1970's to the early 80's. There was an elderly lady who was always there that everyone called "Granny". She would get up in their face and beat them with her purse or an umbrella. She was almost as good as show as any of the wrestlers. Good times that seem long gone now.....

I saw an old woman get arrested in Waynesville one time for hitting Gene Anderson in the head with a metal folding chair when he was sneaking up outside the ring to do something nefarious to somebody that Ole had pinned down in the corner while the referee was distracted. :)

An old boy I went to high school with hated Ricky Steamboat with a black passion. We were up at the junior high school gym watching the rasslin' one night, and somebody had a pint of white likker. We fed Rodney a bunch of it, and told him that we bet he could whup that ol' fake rassler, he oughta show him what a mountain boy could do in a real fight.

The wrestlers were dressing in the boys' locker room, and when they called their match, would come out of the locker room between the pull-out bleachers. Rodney determined that he was gonna whup ricky Steamboat, so he got up on the end of the bleachers right above the path from the locker room. When Ricky came out, Rodney squalled and leaped off the bleachers on him. Ricky looked up and saw him, and out of instinct, karate chopped him right across the throat. Rodney laid there while Ricky went out to rassle. Rodney didn't show back up at school for about a week, and then he had one of those collar things around his neck. :bounce:
Yup, I use to watch WCW Saturday night. My favorite wrestler was wildfire Tommy Rich. He had this move called the figure 4 I use to get my brother in all the time. I also liked Barron Von Raske. His move was the claw. My brother hated that one too. Tony Atlas, Ted Dibiase to name a few. I use to go down to the Omni and watch them live.

I'd forgotten about him. And the Iron Sheik. And the One Man Gang.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Ole Anderson lives here in Toccoa now. His health isn't the best. He fell off a ladder at his house a few years back, and still has issues from that.

I use to see him on a regular basis at Quincy's. Ole was loud and use to tell everybody in Quincy's just what he thought about Obama. lol

ryork

I
saw an old woman get arrested in Waynesville one time for hitting Gene Anderson in the head with a metal folding chair when he was sneaking up outside the ring to do something nefarious to somebody that Ole had pinned down in the corner while the referee was distracted.

Granny was part of the show just at that location though, pretty sure her admission was free!

ryork

An old boy I went to high school with hated Ricky Steamboat with a black passion. We were up at the junior high school gym watching the rasslin' one night, and somebody had a pint of white likker. We fed Rodney a bunch of it, and told him that we bet he could whup that ol' fake rassler, he oughta show him what a mountain boy could do in a real fight.

The wrestlers were dressing in the boys' locker room, and when they called their match, would come out of the locker room between the pull-out bleachers. Rodney determined that he was gonna whup ricky Steamboat, so he got up on the end of the bleachers right above the path from the locker room. When Ricky came out, Rodney squalled and leaped off the bleachers on him. Ricky looked up and saw him, and out of instinct, karate chopped him right across the throat. Rodney laid there while Ricky went out to rassle. Rodney didn't show back up at school for about a week, and then he had one of those collar things around his neck.

Now that's funny!

Swamprat

Swamprat
Jack Briscoe, Funk brothers, Eddie Graham and his son, Dusty, Wahoo, Anderson brothers, Junkyard Dog, etc from the early 70's to the 80's.

ryork

I remember when the Mulkey Brothers actually won a match once. The crowd went crazy. The next week I remember some girls in the front row holding up a sign that said "Mulkey Mania". lol

Yep! I remember what you're referring to. Don't remember who they beat, but remember all 280 lbs of them combined managing to beat somebody!

Oak

early 1970's

Pensacola and Mobile are had Cowboy Bob Kelly and Mike "the hippie" Boyett

Capt Quirk

So, nobody else remembers Rick Steiner having an imaginary little friend? He is a Real Estate Agent in Cherokee Cty. now.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
It sure has changed a lot since back in them days.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
So, nobody else remembers Rick Steiner having an imaginary little friend? He is a Real Estate Agent in Cherokee Cty. now.

Seems like I do.