Are hogs like mice?

Cleankill47

I heard a saying awhile back that goes something like "for every mouse you see, there's ten you don't".

I'm asking because I saw a small hog in my yard today, scared out of the bushes by some firecracker-happy neighbors. I've been hoping for some hogs on my land so I can hunt them, so is there a chance there's going to be more of them? Or is it more likely it was a fluke appearance?

I live on 8 acres of land in Austell, cobb county. In the back of the property is a bunch of old turnip, corn, and tomato fields, and there's a creek running along the back edge, plenty of brush and timber. (Figured I'd answer the common questions right off the bat.)

Seems hopeful, I just want some input from people with more experience with hogs.

Bama B

Becareful for what you wish for. Normally when there's one ther is more. Especially when they are small. There are a lot of land owners that would gladly trade with you if they could get hogs off there property.

Cleankill47

I know, and I'm not wishing it on anybody else, but we don't farm here anymore, and I haven't had the chance to go after them anywhere else, so should I set a cage trap and try to get the one I saw, or just start going after them full force?

Barebowyer

So many land owners wanting to get rid of hogs and a rarity to find one that will consider giving permission..even with the most respectful approach. I am fairly new to Georgia but it appears that many locals have "burned the bridges" there with disrespecting landowner's property....just my .02

Hunter454

So many land owners wanting to get rid of hogs and a rarity to find one that will consider giving permission..even with the most respectful approach. I am fairly new to Georgia but it appears that many locals have "burned the bridges" there with disrespecting landowner's property....just my .02
I agree with you, pretty much every land owner I have heard from wants em gone but don't want people tromping all over their land or don't trust anyone to not damage their crops or not injure or let livestock escape
My inlaws own a dairy farm so I know all of these things have happened before so I can't say I blame their skepticism

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I heard a saying awhile back that goes something like "for every mouse you see, there's ten you don't".

I'm asking because I saw a small hog in my yard today, scared out of the bushes by some firecracker-happy neighbors. I've been hoping for some hogs on my land so I can hunt them, so is there a chance there's going to be more of them? Or is it more likely it was a fluke appearance?

I live on 8 acres of land in Austell, cobb county. In the back of the property is a bunch of old turnip, corn, and tomato fields, and there's a creek running along the back edge, plenty of brush and timber. (Figured I'd answer the common questions right off the bat.)

Seems hopeful, I just want some input from people with more experience with hogs.

See if there is evidence of rooting along the creek edge you mention. If so, they are there. If not that was one escapee pig from someones pen.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
See if there is evidence of rooting along the creek edge you mention. If so, they are there. If not that was one escapee pig from someones pen.

This^^^ and I would set a trap, a trail cam AND go Hunt them:cool:

Can you shoot a gun where you are at? They are where you are, I have seen road kill just South of 20 out that way...........Just seems a little populated but go after them if you can!

Latest posts