Early, Miller and Seminole counties Ga

Status
Not open for further replies.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Two years ago, remodeled the entire inside, electrical, plumbing, ceramic tile etc. . Moved doors, walls, built a sports bar, pool room, waitress center etc., and nobody want's to take a chance on opening it up. I'm still looking after the property for a fellow by getting it mowed, and answering questions if anyone wants to know about the building. It's for sale.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Planting food plots and ran up on this gilt in a mudhole in the road. Makes fourteen since deer season. Hogs are taking over our swamps.

Attachments

• apigpoke.jpg
    apigpoke.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 399

RABJR

Anyone getting anything interesting on their trail cams yet? I probably won't check mine for a while yet.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Trail camera? I have one out, been out one week. Checked it the next day after putting it out, all i had was a squirrel. Bet it's got hogs on it by now.
Been busy entertaining my grandson who's been here for a weeks vacation. We set hog traps, planted food plots, and fished. His last day, he caught a nice bass. After photo's, we turned it loose at our dock in Lake Seminole, SW Ga. Huge head, long body, but the fish was getting over a wound on it's side, so it was poor. Was feeding so it is on it's way to recovery.

Attachments

• A410.jpg
    A410.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 324

RABJR

Wow, big bass. What do you think caused the wound, a bird? I dropped a line where I live in FL with some shiners. Caught 2 gars, but one took the hook and the other got off the line before I could bring it in close enough to gig.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
The bass had been hit either by a prop, or maybe a gator. Healed and is on the way to recovery. Hope it stays around my dock area. When fishing shiners, if you have a small piece of frayed nylon tied to your hook, gars will not get off. The nylon fibers get caught in their teeth.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Sitting here feeling like i needed a nap, opened my mail and was awakened, wide awake. Received a bill from the hospital for the services given when they busted up the 11mm kidney stone.
Total charges, 32,795.70
Insurance payments to date, -2,172.09

Payments from patient to date.............00.00

And i have a 8mm stone in the left kidney that needs busting. Should i keep the stone, or go further in debt?

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
No luck with food plots in our hunting woods. First planting dried up. Second planting, hogs rooted up. Third planting is up now, but needs rain soon, or it will be History. Popup showers have been missing us, going on both sided of the property. Irrigated farms surrounding us will keep the wildlife in good shape though. Peanuts, cotton, corn, millet and soybeans. That's where most of our deer are hanging out right now.

RABJR

SW GA used to get good summer rains. What happened?

Son- 2 nights ago I caught a 3.5 foot long nose gar back home in FL.

32K to help someone... The medical field kind of sucks as a whole (with what I've experienced)

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
I'm going to give Medicare and the parts some time. Something ain't right in my opinion. The Dr., says i over paid him, and sent a refund check. First ever for that. Darn it's hot, wouldn't be so bad if it would rain now and then. Rains come from the south, hit Lake Seminole, they dry up. Come from the west, same thing. Yesterday a flood was coming from the North, dried up just before getting to me. Something about this large lake and the rivers that seem to either stop rain, or divert it around both sides. I've been noticing this for years, and i'm not the only one. Heard other folks saying the same. I did get two dusty food plots kinda broke yesterday, best i could do with it dry. Hoping to plant em if it ever rains there.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Good rain two days ago in the Lucile/Mayhaw area of Ga. Yesterday, had a storm at Lake Seminole, complete whiteout while driving, had to pull off the road and wait it out. Trees down, ditches full etc. Pulled a tree out of my entrance road off Buddy Adams parkway this morning. Fishermen say they found the bream, but the water was so hot they wouldn't bite. They quit and went home. Surface water is hot, and those beds in shallow water will be hot too, even the fish feel hot.

rvick

Hey, RABJR, i picked up a starving mutt/puppy off the road in Decatur Co. he is about 6 months. he is showing me more on practice tracks than any puppy i have worked with. think i got a keeper. was laying a track for him & almost stepped on a 5 ft. plus diamondback. we think he will be a little on the small size as he is a wonder dog...we wonder what the heck he is. Maybe you can give him a little practice in close to home this season. Come by & see him. we are getting a short shower most every p.m. now.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Although we went without rain for almost a month, the weeds grew anyway. Had to spray roundup on three plots today to kill the crabgrass so we can plant em soon. Recent rains have given us the moisture we needed. Large boar has been by one of the plots, hope he moves on and don't come back after it's planted. So far, we've only had one peanut plot torn up by hogs. Yep, planted some peanuts, some for them, some for us, we hope. It was up to 98 out there today with high humidity. The gnats love it, i don't.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
This little 2N 1946 Ford tractor is so simple to operate, even girls can do it. Perfect for food plots, and the most simple tractor i've ever worked on.

Attachments

• A425.jpg
    A425.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 155

RABJR

Got a 4.5'+ gar July02 right around midnight. It broke my line and came back about 20-30 minutes later to get another one of my shiners and this time I won the battle. It had 2 hooks in his jaw when I landed it. I'm one of those guys that doesn't know how to post pictures though...

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Haven't been here in awhile. Forum too slow, too many ads have to pop up before i can read or post anything.
still trying to trap hogs, but coons eat the bait up just as fast as i put it out. Will never understand why Ga has a coon season. I've never seen so many. Bet ground nesting birds have a time trying to pull off a hatch.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Get well my friend, surgery isn't fun. I'm scheduled for another kidney stone busting party. It's no party, the last one keep me in pain off and on for 22 days, passing the pieces.
Time to get those camera's in the woods, bucks have enough antler now to give a good idea of how they will turn out hard horn. Some good'uns showing up as farms harvest their corn, it's putting the deer back in the woods. It's hot weather, so i don't spend much time checking my camera's. Get out of the air conditioned truck, run out, change cards, and check em in the truck. Still works up a sweat. Food plots are looking great, so is my melon patch.

Attachments

• A414.jpg
    A414.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 627

joedublin

Send one of those melons down my way, Son ! Looks like this year the farmer is planting about 100+ acres of our hunting lease in PEANUTS for the first time in 3 or 4 years. That sure ought to get those big boys into our fields where they are a lot easier to hunt. We'll have lots of really tasty does, too !

Status
Not open for further replies.