Almost forgot

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
About deer season when I got this picture this week , I'm pretty sure this is , was 3 jakes I seen several times last spring

Attachments

• IMG_4502.jpg
    IMG_4502.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 2,145

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Nice flock of hens and gt-40 I'm not sure but I'm sure glad cause I like to hear them gobble as much as killing them

RockyMountainBasser

Other states have turkey seasons in the fall. How come not in Georgia?

gt40

I have asked the same thing. I actually see more turkeys in the fall than I do the spring, and think that a single week would be awesome for a fall season. And make it to where you can harvest toms or hens.

armyvet4583

I have asked the same thing. I actually see more turkeys in the fall than I do the spring, and think that a single week would be awesome for a fall season. And make it to where you can harvest toms or hens.
As I read it the reason is because they like the 3 bird spring season. They figure a fall season with either sex would hurt the over all population unlike killing gobblers only in the spring.

Timbo85

I wouldn't have a problem with a fall turkey season I definitely see a lot while deer huntin im not sure how the dnr comes up with the numbers on the population of animals but we have plenty of birds in most ares for a fall season even for takin hens , but I wouldn't shoot any cause there ain't nothin like hearing em hammer off on a spring morning if he ain't struttin and gobbling or spittin and drummin I don't want to shoot him that's just me tho