Deer season and turkeys

KentuckyHeadhunter

Ramping up for deer season... I really look forward to seeing those gobblers that were all henned up during turkey season. :banginghe:banginghe

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I agree , what's amazing to me is a lot of places u see them during deer season , they are gone when spring gets here !

hawglips

Banned
The think I like the most about deer season is turkey hunting. Glad I am only one state away from a generous fall season....

PappyHoel

I agree , what's amazing to me is a lot of places u see them during deer season , they are gone when spring gets here !

I found just the opposite. I ambushed them this past season based on consistently seeing where they roost and fly down. Patterned them during deer season.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
If the habitat is right, turkeys will stay there year around.

I really would love for Georgia to have a fall season for turkeys again. Those were some fun times.

Ricochet

If the habitat is right, turkeys will stay there year around.

I really would love for Georgia to have a fall season for turkeys again. Those were some fun times.
I would like to give that a try some day. Too bad GA and SC do not have a fall season.

Katalee

If GA. Had a fall season I may have to give up deer hunting, just joking I have too much invested in deer hunting, but I do enjoy turkey hunting the most.

Highland

Fall hunting

I live in a state that has a fall season. I enjoy getting in the woods at anytime and especially like chasing turkeys. I hardle ever kill one in the fall because I don't want to give up my spring tags. Its really hard to pull down on a big old gobbler because I just envision him.in full strut and drumming. Fall is a good time to work on the calling though.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
They will aggravate you to death around here when you're trying to deer hunt. Don't know how many times I've had a turkey bust me while I was getting my gun or bow up to take a shot at a deer that was coming toward me until the turkey turned wrong-side-out and scared it off.

PappyHoel

They will aggravate you to death around here when you're trying to deer hunt. Don't know how many times I've had a turkey bust me while I was getting my gun or bow up to take a shot at a deer that was coming toward me until the turkey turned wrong-side-out and scared it off.

Yep or they will pull a deer away from you. I had a shooter buck behind me and Turkey off to my left. No one saw each other but the turkey walked off and I'm positive the buck heard them and thought it was another deer. He followed them off and never presented a shot. I would have been busted if I made a move.

KentuckyHeadhunter

A few years ago I had four turkeys decide to roost in the tree I was in while deer hunting. Scared me good, branches were falling down on me and they were very noisy birds. Never saw a deer but it was actually a pretty cool experience. Glad I didn't get droppings on my head.

georgia_home

We got a hit or miss population. I've seen very few when looking, but during deer season, I've had anywhere from 1 or 2, small groups, and flocks to 15 walk right by. It's like they know season is closed.

Even off season, it's good to see them.

hawglips

Banned

Talked to Brian Lovett in Wisconsin yesterday. Their fall season opens up next week apparently.....

Luke0927

If we had a fall season do you think the average club has enough land to find and scatter turkeys?

I would think we could do it in the NF but the land I have spring hunted in my leases from what I saw would not have worked well for fall hunting.