Squirrel with Bow

getaff

I am thinking of taking my bow out and hunt some squirrel with my bow. It is a Hoyt Razortech. What type of set up broad head, draw weight and such.

Hillbilly stalker

Man that would be outrageously expensive. You will loose or break 8 out of 10 arrows at least. Anything set up for deer will work, and usually 10 lb less draw. Maybe try a pocket predator or scout slingshot to hunt them with. A heck va lot of fun, deadly with practice. They are addictive and very affordable. They are not the toys they used to be

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Judo points and Hex blunts work well on squirrels. I also like flu-flu fletchings. Never tried it with a compound, but I enjoy squirrel hunting with trad bows.

The mtn man

Judo points and Hex blunts work well on squirrels. I also like flu-flu fletchings. Never tried it with a compound, but I enjoy squirrel hunting with trad bows.

Yep, it's a lot of fun, especially when squirrels are ground feeding. When I was around 12-15 years old I did it all the time, except I did used a compound bow, was back in the 80s when you could buy those 50# or 55# hunter Indian bows at Wal-Mart or Sam's whatever it was called back then, I didn't know they even made bow sights until the 90s. I used field points, because I thought that was the only choice I had, word of advice, if you shoot a rabbit with a field point, you might lose your arrow.