Staying Busy, Home made micarta and more

IFLY4U

I have not posted in a while and figured that I would share a few projects. My wife wanted to get involved in knife making and started by making home made micarta from some drapery samples so I made this knife for her with her scales. Made a few steak turners and knives.
Gary

Attachments

• Slide1.JPG
    Slide1.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 435
  • Slide2.JPG
    Slide2.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 496
  • Slide3.JPG
    Slide3.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 438
  • Slide4.JPG
    Slide4.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 438
  • Slide5.JPG
    Slide5.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 449

IFLY4U

Chief,
I retired from Ft Stewart in 2006 and went back to work for the Army 3 weeks later at Redstone Arsenal.
Gary

Chief,
I retired from Ft Stewart in 2006 and went back to work for the Army 3 weeks later at Redstone Arsenal.
Gary

I retired from Fort Stewart in 1990, went to work for Battelle, retired from them in 2012, now I'm just retired.

Thanks for your service,

Chief

Bkeepr

Those are all beautiful!

IFLY4U

With one starting college in a few weeks and two behind him, it looks like I will be working for several more years. I will say that knife making has become very addictive.

bbs383ci

Excellent work. Good job on the micarta.

wvdawg

Staff member
You sure have been busy, nice work! All of it!

^This! Great job.
What is the scale material on the bottom knife in the first group picture? Love that look!

IFLY4U

WVDAWG, it is termite wood that has been impregnated with an epoxy resin. Pete Staffiero in Dothan AL makes it. He has a lamp making shop there and can be contacted at the lampman.com or
(334) 702-4257. We met at Alabama Damascus a few months ago. He make all kinds of different handle/scale products.
Gary

wvdawg

Staff member
WVDAWG, it is termite wood that has been impregnated with an epoxy resin. Pete Staffiero in Dothan AL makes it. He has a lamp making shop there and can be contacted at the lampman.com or
(334) 702-4257. We met at Alabama Damascus a few months ago. He make all kinds of different handle/scale products.
Gary

Wow! That's pretty neat!
DJ

Smokey

Beautiful Work sir!!

holton27596

Still using the one I got from you years ago. I cleand a moose up in Canada and the guide went thru 3 different knives, mine finished the job without a hiccup.

IFLY4U

Holton,
I like to hear that.
Gary