Tractors, yeah, I can do that ....

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
I have seen one or two of those up closer than I wanted to. LOL

tree cutter 08

Wish I had pics of some of the places I found myself in. Worst was clearing a old logging road overlooking Helen after the tornado. Was so steep and sidelem had to keep the winch hooked up to try to keep at least 3 wheels on the ground. That was a long day.

BriarPatch99

Oh yes ...been in several situations like those ...

Worst bog down was a four row corn combine buried until when you step out the cab ... the door would barely open and could step out on level ground ... took five big tractors and 300' chain and cable to get it out ... ended up walking it out by putting chains through the tire rim ...it more or less climbed out on top of the chains under it's own power ... We could not pull it ...

Worst loader deal ... I watch my brother turn a bucket load of "liquid chicken manure" over on top of him along with a Bobcat ... roll bars stopped everything but the manure... !!

Last edited:

95g atl

they should have been able to use the loader bucket to get out longgggg before they got that far stuck.

There's an old JD stuck in a field on Hog Mountain Road near Watkinsville. I see it every time I head to the club......
wonder how they are gonna get it out without a dozer.

Stroker

Oh yes ...been in several situations like those ...

Worst bog down was a four row corn combine buried until when you step out the cab ... the door would barely open and could step out on level ground ... took five big tractors and 300' chain and cable to get it out ... ended up walking it out by putting chains through the tire rim ...it more or less climbed out on top of the chains under it's own power ... We could not pull it ...

Worst loader deal ... I watch my brother turn a bucket load of "liquid chicken manure" over on top of him along with a Bobcat ... roll bars stopped everything but the manure... !!

I always run my combines with the drive tires turned around so they would start spinning before it would bottom out. Usually you could back out since the tires pulled better in reverse. Got a lot of stories about buried tractors, combines, spreader trucks, bulldozers, and 4x4 trucks. Last year stuck a 4960 JD with duals pulling a heavy 28 ft harrow, got it out two days later with a 8850 and a whole lot off chain and cable. Best advice I can give(which I usually ignore) is once it spins, STOP, don't try to work it out, you only gonna bury it deeper till it bottoms out. YMMV.

7 point

I got my kubota stuck in a dryed pond trying to mow a shooting lane and not a tree in site to hook the winch too.