Back Surgery

cherokee charlie

Well, Switchback xt1, I have listened to all those who have had back surgery. Arrow Flinger is right about having surgery because he got temporary relief. My back trouble started when I was 37. Since then (age 73) I have had 7 lower back, one thoraxic, two neck, both shoulders and a knee. I have had 5 other operations that wasn't back related. I have 5 fused and rods and screws added, discs. I have hardware in my lower back and in my neck. I am now to the point where I can't walk. I use a wheelchair most of the time. I have had numerous injections in my spinal area. Some worked and some didn't. I live in pain but I can't take narcotics because I am a competitive shooter. I dearly hope and pray that you don't follow the path that I had to take. I feel your pain.
Charlie Craft

BriarPatch99

Make sure to get yourself seen by a good doctor ... Good luck and I hope you get relief soon ...

I'm fairly sure that I posted in the thread linked above ...

This is one of nine back surgeries my wife has had ... she had these rods and screws for 14 years ... it was a 15.5 hour surgery ... they installed this set and another rod and 5 screws that she still carries ...

ClemsonRangers

that is tough stuff right there

i have recently started having numbness in my legs, feet, and sometimes hands, i have to go to the doc and not looking forward to it

Jake Allen

that is tough stuff right there

i have recently started having numbness in my legs, feet, and sometimes hands, i have to go to the doc and not looking forward to it

Have you tried any stretches and floor exercises to get relief?
I am a believer. I have been living with 2 herniated/bulging discs, (L2 & L3), for 19 years. Other than a few epidurals over the years, I have been able to cope, and live a pretty active and productive lifestyle by doing stretches, floor exercises, staying active, trying not to over lift anything and using a Teeter Inversion table.

If I don't stay with my exercise program, I will get down with terrible sciatica and feel numbness in parts of my legs and feet. For me, it is all about getting the pressure off the nerve.