• Interbonds are the best.

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • They are equally as good.

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Neither one are worth what they cost.

Votes: 6 17.1%

• Total voters

bublewis

From your experience, which is a better performing bullet, the Nosler Accubond or the Hornady Interbond? And please feel free to elaborate.

germag

Gone But Not Forgotten
No idea. I don't use either.

WTM45

I can not speak from experience with the Interbond. But Nosler's Accubond has given me textbook performance.
140gr in the .270W.
165gr in the .30-'06.

take em

I chose Hornady because I have the utmost faith in them. I have killed many deer with them and the penetration and deposit of energy on target was phenominal. That being said, I have no experience with the accubond but they are built on the same principal as the interbond so they should perform accordingly. I do have experience with the nosler ballistic tip and will never use them on deer size game again. The accubond was built to make up for the shortcomings of the ballistic tip.

DCOMP54

Used Both

I have tried both in my 7mag. When the Hornady 's came out they were good. Since then several people in our club, have stopped using them. I now have tried the noslers and really like them. I think IMO they outperform the Hornady's. i have never lost or had a deer go far with the Accubonds. I now load and shoot them in my 260 REm. and 270.
All have been pass thru's with a good Blood trail. nothing went over 50 yards.
The Hornady's I lost several deer with good shots , most with both bullets have been around 275 to 350 yards. The accubonds work great
My 2 cents
Dennis

jkoch

Gone But Not Forgotten
I can't speak for the Hornady's but with AccuBonds I have never had one run for enough to get out of sight, most are DRT!

leoparddog

I've shot and shoot both and have killed deer with both. Since I've never recovered one from a deer (a Nosler BT has that singular distinction for me) all I can say is they both kill deer DRT if I've done my job.
For these bullets there is almost no difference in price between Nosler and Hornady, so I shoot which ever one I can get on sale.

Between NBTs and Hornady's SSTs, I stick with the SSTs b/c they get the same performance and are substantially cheaper.

HandgunHTR

Steelringin' Mod
I have had the same experience as leoparddog. Both have performed very well on game. I shoot Interbonds (Hornady) in my 308 and .260 and Accubonds in my 7mm-08, because that is what the guns like.

I have equal confidence in them.

Buckhead

I tend to use what groups best in my rifle. Generally speaking, I can't tell much difference in bullet performance on whitetails unless I catch a lot of bone. A standard lead tip spitzer works about as well as anything else. The best hunter in our club uses Remmy core lokts.

I typically use factory ammo and have had really good luck with Hornady stuff. My .300 Win shoots sub MOA with 150 grain SST's. Federal loads the Accubond in a couple of calibers I use, but I have never tried it.

A couple of years ago, one of the shooting magazines tested several different .30 caliber premium bullets against one another. It was a little surprised at the results. Although the bonded slugs did pretty well and had good weight retention, they did not penetrate as well as the partition type bullets (Nosler/Swift). I believe a common Sierra Blitzking did as well as anything, generally speaking. If you google the subject, you can probably find the article on line.

About the only time when I feel the need to go with a premium bullet is when I am hunting with a marginal gun and am really concerned about a bullet holding together. I will occassionally use a .223 or .22 - 250 on deer and am picky about the bullets I use with those.