Elijah Clark State Park

Riplukelee

Wife, kids, and I are gonna spend March 9, 10, and 11 in a cabin up there. Gonna take my boat and hope to do some fishing. Just wondering if there are some good spots for crappie or bream close by ... maybe even striper if I’m lucky.

fullstrut

Grew up staying in that Park. Good bass fishing around the rip rap at the bridge that crosses over in SC. Crappie fishing is good back up the Lake toward's Russell CensoredCensoredCensoredCensored. Murrys Creek area on the left side which is the GA side not a far ride if by Boat. Enjoy the Park . Lots of good Memories there.

Riplukelee

Thanks Fullstrut! Any advice on finding, buying, or catching bait? Also, Ive scoured the internet but trying to see about boat ramp and dock access in the area as well.

Lucient

There is a boat ramp there but it doesnt have a courtesy dock. There is also a fishing pier. For boat access I would put in at Dorn Fishing facility and drive up. Be aware of the standing timber just north of there though.

Riplukelee

Thanks for the info, Lucient ... standing timber!?! ... I'll be on the lookout ... I've never put my boat in fresh water ... so I guess it'll be a steep learning curve