Lake Sinclair

mbs0983

Trying to get an early start this year. Just curious to see if anyone has been out on Sinclair recently and had any luck. Water temps?

Thanks,

Matt :pop:

61BelAir

I've only been out at night lately. Surface temps were 52-56 depending on what part of the lake. Things have been picking up, but very slowly for me. It should just keep getting better with the weather and longer days. I'd bet the water is in the upper 50's now.

mbs0983

We are planning to put in at Twin Bridges marina. It’s our first time to Sinclair so not extremely hopeful. New scenery atleast.

61BelAir

We are planning to put in at Twin Bridges marina. It’s our first time to Sinclair so not extremely hopeful. New scenery atleast.

When are you going? Twin Bridges was pretty muddy last week when I went up that way. It may be a little better there. A lot of people love it when it's like that, but I have better luck when it clears up some. Be careful if you go under the bridge right by the marina there. You can't go very far before it gets very shallow....even way out in the middle.

mbs0983

Supposed to be heading down in the morning if the weather doesn't look too bad. Thank you for the heads up as well. Going to be using bright colored lures for sure. The fishing report seems to be better than most other lakes in Mid-GA right now.

61BelAir

Supposed to be heading down in the morning if the weather doesn't look too bad. Thank you for the heads up as well. Going to be using bright colored lures for sure. The fishing report seems to be better than most other lakes in Mid-GA right now.

I've only fished it at night the last several times. I must say I always catch more then. I had an awesome time on Sinclair last night. Most docks I fished only gave me one bass, but I caught 10 that were legal and 7 or 8 short fish.
First one was while it was still daylight - 4 pounder hit a squarebill. Later I caught 2 more decent ones on a deep diving crank, but all the rest hit a rubber worm. I caught my new Lake Sinclair personal best and then later broke that again!