Bass Tracker Pro Team 175 TXW

msmith177

I am looking to upgrade from a 14 ft jon boat to a bass boat soon, and was curious of anyone's experience with this vessel. I've bounced between this or a used boat, and I am leaning towards the 175 TXW for the warranty.

My personal use would be primarily focused on Lake Lanier. I'm not a small guy (6' 1", 230 lb) so stability is important. Although coming from a jon boat, anything will feel more stable :).

Thanks for any feedback!

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
I have a 2013 Pro Team 175 TF Coastal and I love it.

StriperrHunterr

My friend has a boat very similar to that and it does fine in the low traffic times, but having been out in the prime season in my old Pro Team 17 I can tell you that it will beat you up when there's rolling wake all over the lake. And when the big boats come by you, for some reason no one knows how to trim one of those out properly, you can take the wake over the gunwale.

It depends on your use and when you intend to use it, but it has its moments when it will be perfect. Although that's every boat. My skiff doesn't like winds over 5 mph if I need to stay in one place, but hopefully the Ulterra I'm installing tonight will make that detraction disappear.

PopPop

Gone But Not Forgotten
The trackers are good boats, be sure to max out the HP rating though.

GA BASS ODYSSEY

Going to get mine this year. I had a pro team 170 before and it was a good boat. The thing I like about them is that you can get into places a Ranger or Nitro cannot. The 60HP powers the boat well. The 75 will get you another 5mph but at an additional cost of at least $1000. I will stick with the 60hp. I will upgrade the trolling motor as the standard 45 is not good in a brisk wind. I see most people upgrade to the 70 lbs 24V TM but I will put the 12V 55 on mine. If you are getting blown around with the 55 you probably should have just stayed at home anyway. Also going to upgrade to the HOOK² 7x with TripleShot Transducer on the helm. Going with the HOOK² 7x with SplitShot Transducer on the bow.

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
I have a 190TX and my buddy has a 175TXW. I can't tell a difference in the two except mine has a larger motor. Coming from that jon boat to this you will enjoy it. It fishes very well with lots of stability and plenty of room. It will handle rough water good just need have to play with the trim. I downgraded from a 21' Bullet to a aluminum boat and enjoy it just as much.

PopPop

Gone But Not Forgotten
I had a 190TX, 90 HP Optti Max, ran her for 7 years. It was a great boat. I would also look at Express boats.

hipster dufus

i was looking at tracker. ended up with a g3 CC 1756 jon. i was a little worried about the mercury motor being chinese made. the other thing when u finish upgrades u r right at the price of a g3. good luck

Fullnet2

I have a 60 hp Merc 4 stroke that I Bought new in 2007. I fish every week and have never had a better motor.

Poo Bear

My son has a new 19' Tracker with a 175 Merc. The motor is quiet and the ride is fine BUT make no mistake, the heavier FG boats are more stable. It is a trade-off so the real question is weather you will be fishing a high traffic lake or bad (windy) weather. Also, do you have good balance? I am reaching the age of diminishing balance so I have to be very careful when moving around in the boat.

Latest posts