Chad's Battle with Cancer is almost over......

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member
::;'s for you all.

olcaptain

From Lauren, our daughter:

Life is hard. Many may say it's unfair. Why do bad things keep happening to good people? Why do things like cancer, sickness, and hard times even exist? Where is God in the midst of it all?

He's right in the middle of it, that's where He is. Wherever we are, that is where He is. He does not delight in our pain, but He will use it for a purpose. Every single time. No tear is ever wasted. I tell myself this over and over again. I have seen it time after time.

Here is what I know...He is a Good, Good Father. He loves us...Oh how He loves us...and He loves Chad. And He knows what is best, and He has a plan. It may not be our plan, but we can rest in the promise that He is God is He is good.

We are praising God that Chad got to come home. He's SO glad to be out of the hospital. His itching seems to have subsided for the most part, his tube is draining, and his pain is being managed. We are so thankful for the time we've had with family. Time is a sweet gift that we are being reminded to soak up and not take for granted.

Because time is so precious, we are asking that you would continue to respect the doctor's orders of no visitors. We know that so many people love Chad and want to help. Please feel free to message, text, and of course pray. We aren't going to set up a meal train at this point, but gift cards are very appreciated. (Olive Garden, Zaxbys...anything honestly!,
Kroger, WalMart, Target)

It's been a long and tough journey, and as always, Chad will continue to fight. He is full of love and laughter, but more than anything, He is full of a desire for anyone who doesn't know Jesus to come to know Him. We give God the glory for what was, what is, and what is to come. He is faithful, and He will see us through.

cumberland

Been very inspirational following your sons's battle over the years, i pray for peace for all involved in your family.

joepuppy

Where can we send the gift cards to? PM me if you'd prefer.

olcaptain

Ramona and I prayed with Chad and his family as they were meeting again with Hospice yesterday. I do not want to remember him suffering. I prefer to remember him like he looked a few years back when we visited our dear friend and Mentor, Mr. Charlie Goff of Douglasville.

IC2qm5M.jpg

Nights are tough for me right now but each time I wake up I pray to God to bring my son on home.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Horace,

You are an inspiration to me on a daily basis as you have put so many smiles on my face over these years.

Please know that your entire family is a very special gift to all of us here and my continued love, respect, and Prayers are being sent your way every day. ::;::;::;::;::;::;

Tmpr111

Horace,

You are an inspiration to me on a daily basis as you have put so many smiles on my face over these years.

Please know that your entire family is a very special gift to all of us here and my continued love, respect, and Prayers are being sent your way every day. ::;::;::;::;::;::;

Amen to this!

Tomboy Boots

Turkey Killer
From Lauren, our daughter:

Life is hard. Many may say it's unfair. Why do bad things keep happening to good people? Why do things like cancer, sickness, and hard times even exist? Where is God in the midst of it all?

He's right in the middle of it, that's where He is. Wherever we are, that is where He is. He does not delight in our pain, but He will use it for a purpose. Every single time. No tear is ever wasted. I tell myself this over and over again. I have seen it time after time.

Here is what I know...He is a Good, Good Father. He loves us...Oh how He loves us...and He loves Chad. And He knows what is best, and He has a plan. It may not be our plan, but we can rest in the promise that He is God is He is good.

We are praising God that Chad got to come home. He's SO glad to be out of the hospital. His itching seems to have subsided for the most part, his tube is draining, and his pain is being managed. We are so thankful for the time we've had with family. Time is a sweet gift that we are being reminded to soak up and not take for granted.

Because time is so precious, we are asking that you would continue to respect the doctor's orders of no visitors. We know that so many people love Chad and want to help. Please feel free to message, text, and of course pray. We aren't going to set up a meal train at this point, but gift cards are very appreciated. (Olive Garden, Zaxbys...anything honestly!,
Kroger, WalMart, Target)

It's been a long and tough journey, and as always, Chad will continue to fight. He is full of love and laughter, but more than anything, He is full of a desire for anyone who doesn't know Jesus to come to know Him. We give God the glory for what was, what is, and what is to come. He is faithful, and He will see us through.

What a wonderful testament to God's love and grace. Giving praise in the storm. I haven't followed this all of this time, I've only just stumbled upon it. It can be hard to read because I've walked this road with my family and my sister for 3 years from 2012 to 2015. The pain and sadness in our hearts can seem almost unbearable but our faith and God's love give us strength. May God bless and comfort all of you.

Psalm 23

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

AStrick

I feel for ya Capt!
I watched cancer eat my dad and younger brother down to the bone!
When hospice comes in, they just wanna make them comfortable through the pain!
Maybe that's why I hunt,, why I fish, why I work 3 times as hard?
To make up for their loss!
I wish you and your family all best in coping with the loss,,
Even though I know it will be a big hole to fill, lean on each other!
Believe me it helps,, even now when I hunt alone,, when I fish alone, which is 95 % of the time,, I feel them with me!

AStrick

Maybe that's why I don't let people get close to me,, to not go through that kinda pain again?
No love, no hate,,
Just comfortably num!
That's the best I will ever be!

Last edited:

pine nut

What a testimony and life well lived Chad and Olcapitan. my prayers are added to those of many others for God's mercy and His will to be accomplished. God's blessing on you all.

olcaptain

I have a new friend here at our church named John Lemme. I attended his 12 year old son’s funeral about a year ago. Due to a birth defect his son was bed ridden all his life and NEVER made a voluntary movement. John said a few words at the Service and I learned volumes that day. John spoke about how fortunate he was to be this precious boy’s Dad and what a blessing he had been to him. I sat there and thought that boy has never run to first base and I’ve seen Chad hit balls so far that they were never found. I thought that child has never shot a layup and I watched Chad score over 1000 HS Varsity points. That child has never been in a weight room and I’ve watched Chad sling 100 lb dumbbells as if they were toys..
I was changed once again that day. I knew it was time to shine instead of whine because I had been feeling sorry for myself instead of looking at the big picture. As time passed I saw Chad in a new light. He was more than just an athletic son, hard worker and good provider. Because of God’s grace and salvation, I witnessed as Chad became a “new creation.â€� He has always been kind and gentle at heart but over the last few years I’ve seen him with the actions of Jesus in that he was more interested in ministering than being ministered unto. Throughout this 3 ½ year journey there have been many other wake up calls for me. No Dad could be any prouder of their children and their Mother than I am. I have been blessed beyond measure just to be on the team. There have been hundreds if not thousands of people loving on us and praying for us since day one and as I look at names in many cases it is because one of us took time to be kind to them in some small way somewhere along the line. Do we reap what we sow? You bet your sweet life on it! Because we have shown love, we are being loved. Not much else matters. Our God is Sovereign and He knows best. Job of the Old Testament asked his wife “Shall we accept good from God and not adversity?â€� and then the Bible says that in all this, Job did not sin with his lips (Didn’t whine, didn’t blame God, etc)
I joked in my weird way the other day when Billy Graham died, and I thought how cool would it be for Chad and Billy to pass on the same day? I went further into my weirdness by setting the scene where as the pair crossed Heaven’s threshold that some of the angels might have asked “I wonder who that old dude is with Chad?�
I don’t know how long Chad or I either one has left on this side of Heaven. The Holy Scriptures teach us that our days are numbered and only God has that answer. God could and might miraculously heal Chad and He will be healed in one way or another and in His own sweet time. Until then, my heart is breaking, and I’ve cried uncontrollably more than once. But rest assured my faith is rock solid and although I don’t know the whys in all this I trust my life and my eternity completely in the One who does.