92 s10 blazer

truckguy07x

well i have a 1992 chevy s10 blazer with the 4.3 yesterday it quit on me, dad came over to figure out what was wrong with it and the 2 center fuel injectors are staying open, caused the motor to not want to turn over, then pulled out the plugs and turned it over and it caught fire so i need new plug wires,2 new injectors new plugs and new pvc hose and even new cruise control wires, 605.00$ worth of stuff to fix.

anyone else had any of these problems with the s10 blazer? how did yall fix it?
worth the 605 to fix it or would it be better to just sell it and find something else?

DSGB

Had a 2000 GMC Sonoma witht the 4.3L Vortec that had to have the fuel injector's replaced. Had to do with the poppet valves sticking. Had them cleaned and it worked fine for a few months and then started having issues again, so I had them replaced with the MFI.
Here is the TSB: http://members.shaw.ca/betterthanyoutoo/Sticking%20Poppet.htm

Just noticed that it is for 95-02 models, so this may not apply to you.

GoldDot40

I'd be willing to bet the spring in your fuel pressure regulator is broken. It's the single weakest link in a throttle body injection GM engine....whether it's a V6 or V8.

truckguy07x

thankyou both for your post's i will check everything both of you said, im really not wanting to have to put 1500$ into injectors alone, sucks they are 250 each and on top of all that plugs and wires and all, this this is expensive, more to maintain this regulary than my moms 2003 dodge 1500 and my dads 95 gmc 1500

Slug-Gunner

I'd be willing to bet the spring in your fuel pressure regulator is broken. It's the single weakest link in a throttle body injection GM engine....whether it's a V6 or V8.

Truckguy,
This is where someone with the proper test equipment and a good ScanTool (and most importantly = THE KNOWLEDGE TO USE THEM) can save you a bundle of $$$$. A good "Fuel-Pressure Test" and using a ScanTool to monitor your "Short and Long Term 'Fuel Trim' Readings" can isolate your problem very quickly. An 'adapter harness' is required to check each individual fuel injector for proper operation and pulse-cycle inputs/responses.

GoldDot40

If you find that you do need new injectors.....consider an o-ring kit and 'rebuilding' them yourself.

Also check out http://www.rockauto.com. They have some awesome prices on the same stuff you'd get at any parts store around. I just looked at fuel injectors for your vehicle....anywhere from about $60 to $127 for refurbished 4.3L TBI injectors.

truckguy07x

thanks slug gunner and bassquatch, yall are really helping me out, i will do all the tests in 2.5 weeks when i get back from florida, going on vacation and not wanting this blazer to ruin it, so it can sit a few more weeks only sat 1 week so far, but what sucks is i just put a brand new gas tank in it, 35.00$ worth of gas, lucas fuel injector cleaner, new oil,and filter, also in the last 6 months new plug wires, dist cap,rotor button, new air filter, water pump, new belts, new battery, new fuel pump,fuel filter,strainer,all together put about 1k into in since i got it, not including the 400$ cd player,200$ amp,150$ sub and box 50$ amp wiring kit 1996 chevy s10 blazer bucket seats and center console, new head lights and black tinted tail lights. this thing is the biggest money pit i have ever seen not even kidding,lol

truckguy07x

i now have decided to fix it and sell it to find something newer less problems and less work needed, thank yall for yalls help, but i believe this will be the best decision ohh and find something better on gas too =)

truckguy07x

Found out it has 1 single injector for the whole entire motor, so now im going to replace the injector and the computer, getting a raditator, a spare injector a spare computer new front bumber and grille and a hood for a 95 gmc pickup and a dist cap for a ford for 100.00