Steinhatchee Was Hot

teethdoc

I took a couple of guys I graduated dental school with down to our place in Steinhatchee, FL to see if we could put a few trout in the boat. Fishing was great.
Day one: Trout were pounding the top water hard. No swirl or warning, just slamming it. We put 9 keepers in the boat.

Day two: We caugth 2 trout on the first few casts, but they were just pecking at it. Then they cut off completely. Not a bite for hours. As the tide turned and the sun started to set I took us in to abt. 1' of water to see if we could get a big Red on the fly rods. We put 10 17-18" trout in the boat in less than an hour fishing with green and white clousers. With 15 more minutes of daylight, we could have put the limit in the box.

It was a good weekend :yeah:

Glenn

The weather down here has almost turned spring like right now. I was deer hunting in the panhandle this weekend and it felt more like turkey hunting weather.

By the way isn't trout season closed right now?

:confused:

teethdoc

The season is closed only during the month of Feb. You can keep 5 per person that are within the slot limit.
I do not fish outside of the season, and if I were to, I'm certainly not foolish enough to make mention of it on a public forum.

As for the weather, it was VERY nice. It was ~80 deg. Warm enough to take my shirt off and get a little sun.

meriwether john

you gotta love it!!
one of my favorite places. sounds like you showed them boys a good time.
btw--- was shirt off when the bite got slow :bounce: :bounce:

hope to make a few trips back down soon myself maybe to catch a few cobia and some gags.

Glenn

teethdoc,

sorry if I sounded like I was questioning your sportsmanship ;)

I was kind of questioning mine.....

Glad you had a good time and being that the weather is so warm I might even go out this weekend for a red and some trout. :clap: